06 radio replacement steering controls gone crazy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 06 radio replacement steering controls gone crazy in Cadillac SRX Forums; So it took the dealer 2 weeks to replace the radio cause it was shuffling CDs while truck was off. ...
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

06 radio replacement steering controls gone crazy

So it took the dealer 2 weeks to replace the radio cause it was shuffling CDs while truck was off. Wife picked it up I just drove it and the steering controls all of them randomly change the radio band station and get this TEMPERATURE wow. As long as I've owned this I don't believe the wheel controls the HVAC system. They didn't even really check anything I took it in for or test drive for other issues. But anyway I'm taking it back to the dealer 80 miles away again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: 06 radio replacement steering controls gone crazy

You are aware that those buttons don't really control anything right, they just tell a module to do something, I'm sure I could get the signal stalk to change volume or move my seat if I wanted to.

Me thinks a data problem exists.

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

That radio is used in several different vehicles you should be able to change buttons that it uses with tech 2 .They should of checked that when it was installed it usually refurbished unit that was in different type of vehicle.

OK cool I'm going to let them know but def should have checked since these are used in several vehicles. It would be nice to control HVAC which idk why that wasn't a standard option.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

[QUOTE=repnatl;3466425]So it took the dealer 2 weeks to replace the radio cause it was shuffling CDs while truck was off. Wife picked it up I just drove it and the steering controls all of them randomly change the radio band station and get this TEMPERATURE wow. As long as I've owned this I don't believe the wheel controls the HVAC system. They didn't even really check anything I took it in for or test drive for other issues. But anyway I'm taking it back to the dealer 80 miles away again.[/QUOTE

Hello repnatl,

I apologize for having to take your vehicle back to the dealership. I can understand your frustration with the distance of the dealership and them not having checked for anything when you were last in. Please let me know how everything goes and if you want to discuss anything, reach out to me via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    That radio is used in several different vehicles you should be able to change buttons that it uses with tech 2 .They should of checked that when it was installed it usually refurbished unit that was in different type of vehicle.

REEEEALlY?

That is cool, I need a Tech2 to mess around with.

Can we actually buy one of those as "civilians" sorry lack of better term military lol. Cause there is a lot of money to be made if we had access to those

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Yes, you can buy a Tech II, $3/4K, but you may or may not have access to the latest software to use all the functions.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Yes, you can buy a Tech II, $3/4K, but you may or may not have access to the latest software to use all the functions.
    That is true gotta love companies that lock stuff like this down only to rob us when we go to them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.