Cadillac Owners Forum banner

06 radio replacement steering controls gone crazy

765 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  repnatl 
#1 ·
So it took the dealer 2 weeks to replace the radio cause it was shuffling CDs while truck was off. Wife picked it up I just drove it and the steering controls all of them randomly change the radio band station and get this TEMPERATURE wow. As long as I've owned this I don't believe the wheel controls the HVAC system. They didn't even really check anything I took it in for or test drive for other issues. But anyway I'm taking it back to the dealer 80 miles away again.

#5 ·
So it took the dealer 2 weeks to replace the radio cause it was shuffling CDs while truck was off. Wife picked it up I just drove it and the steering controls all of them randomly change the radio band station and get this TEMPERATURE wow. As long as I've owned this I don't believe the wheel controls the HVAC system. They didn't even really check anything I took it in for or test drive for other issues. But anyway I'm taking it back to the dealer 80 miles away again.[/QUOTE

Hello repnatl,

I apologize for having to take your vehicle back to the dealership. I can understand your frustration with the distance of the dealership and them not having checked for anything when you were last in. Please let me know how everything goes and if you want to discuss anything, reach out to me via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#8 ·
Yes, you can buy a Tech II, $3/4K, but you may or may not have access to the latest software to use all the functions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.