P0171-p0174 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, P0171-p0174 in Cadillac SRX Forums; I got those codes and it turned out it was just the sensor had gotten unplugged from the air filter ...
    CoolATIGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V8 Northstar AWD w/ 18" wheels

Re: P0171-p0174

I got those codes and it turned out it was just the sensor had gotten unplugged from the air filter box/front of the engine area when I had it in for service...plugged it in, reset the codes, and all was well. Check that out..

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thanks, but I busted a head bolt #10 on the manifold while torquing down, so I am just going to leave it till the light comes on again or before winter sets in. 24 dollars in gaskets cost me 80 dollars after shipping,then when it gets here I pay 26% tax on the gaskets and another 26% on the shipping for customs fees, and I have not even got the bolts yet, may as well change them all out.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

It sounds to me like there are few places on Earth more expensive to live than Norway.
    PJ

Yes it is ranked as the most expensive country to live, a beer is 10.00 dollars and a shot of whiskey is 14.00 dollars mixer is extra! Basic garage labor (non OEM) is 125 dollars and hr, that includes scratching your ass wondering how to take off the part, about 250 dollars and hr OEM labor, the first 250 just to drive it in the garage. Food in the shop is about 50 dollars every 2 days for a single guy. Unleaded is ruffly between 9-10 dollars a gallon. A fill up is close to 200 dollars, which does not last long city driving, which is why I drive a Opel Corsa 1,3 lt. I use the SRX when I travel, or when I feel like paying for parts and repairs. You would not want a SRX like mine in Norway which is a constant battle to up keep, and thats just the exterior parts. Knock on wood nothing has happened engine and drive line, but when it does.. BANG one bullet to the ECM.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    yeah i'm not really sure what the bolt-head type is ... it could be torx or inverted torx rather

i'm not really sure

my parts catalog just says bolt, intake 6x1x48

Do the bolts look like this? I am offshore on the rig,maybe I can get them free, or are they threaded to the foot of the bolt, I know it has a blank shaft from head to thread. AAyone see any on ebay,usually the shipping is cheaper via ebay, I saw some for cadillac as these above are for a 2000 escalade.

The question was for anyone to answer not especially RIPPY

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Ill check tonight but as an FYI the intake manifold gaskets are reusable on this intake. No need to replace unless damaged or over torqued.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Ill check tonight but as an FYI the intake manifold gaskets are reusable on this intake. No need to replace unless damaged or over torqued.
    If you do replace them be aware the ones the parts stores sell are paper crap.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

SM says use new.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    SM says use new.
    Of course they all say that I've had my intakes off at least 4 times been using the same gaskets each time depends on personal preference and if your careful enough not to bend them

Problem is my access to parts is limited,so if I did need one it takes a couple weeks to get it. they are cheap enough anyway if you were state side.

----------

[QUOTE=repnatl;3482433]Of course they all say that I've had my intakes off at least 4 times been using the same gaskets each time depends on personal preference and if your careful enough not to bend them[/QUOTE
    Since you had yours off 4 times any tips and tricks? Why 4 times?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

SM also says you can reuse gasket on V6. Different strokes for different engines.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

So.... no one knows if the bolts in the above post are the same as the 07 SRX, no one has taken a bolt out before? Too late for me to get some for free since no one knows what they look like, going home today.

Got the gaskets today, it was quick only 7 days, they charged me 50 dollars shipping but on the usps box it was 14.00 dollars postage, talk about a mark up! I see they are rubber. However I would not reuse these if the car is 7 years old, apart from the body and interior I would not trust anything to last seven years on the SRX, will go to the bolt shop when I take one out to see f I can get them locally.Anyone see a problem using SS bolts? Every thing I have changed out to now I have replaced with SS screws and bolts.

Jschuch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ok, i hope i am not too late, and i hope i can help. I had the same exact problem and it drove me nuts. I swapped out everything including the Mass airflow sensor. Each time after each fix that darn code came back. Jim V is right, mine was totally a leak in the PCV line. There are two of them on a northstar. A "clean side" and a "dirty side" you can look for schematics on this forum. The clean side is on the air intake to the drivers valve cover. The dirty side is the other one from the passenger valve cover to the back of the engine to the intake manifold (hint this is hard to get to that is why it was my last choice). I tried hose clamps and new hoses on the clean side (since it was easy to get to). No success, same damn codes. Then for the heck of it i tried the dirty side. Here was the issue. Both ends crumbled in my hands and fell completely apart. I guess the dirty side has oils and ultimately degraded the rubber. No doubt this was the huge air leak. As soon as i replace these, the engine ran better (no miss) and the damn codes never came back. I wish you luck, and hope you dont spend as much as i did on a new MAF sensor, etc. Good luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.