P0171-p0174 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, P0171-p0174 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Maybe I am using the wrong word, I do not mean the sequence of tightning. I am refering to the ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: P0171-p0174

Maybe I am using the wrong word, I do not mean the sequence of tightning. I am refering to the head on the bolt, for example torx head, normal socket head found on any socket set or star shape (for lack of a better term). I'll look again in specifications.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah i'm not really sure what the bolt-head type is ... it could be torx or inverted torx rather

i'm not really sure

my parts catalog just says bolt, intake 6x1x48
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thanks did the same research with the same results, looks like its best just to remove the end bolt(easiest) and match, may as well use a drop(literally) of non aggressive locktite on the threads. But of course if someone knows speak up!

madtuner is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I usually search by part number because the pattern is often specified in the notes for the part, but it is missing for this bolt unfortunately. I can confirm the factory manual does not list the pattern either.

Part number: 11588352 or 12562321

BOLT,INT MANIF(W/SPCR). BOLT-STUD, Intake & Exhaust Manifold. For: E 4.6A(LH2) (2004-2009) (2007 - 2009). Required: 10

I pulled the cover off mine and it's definitely a metric 10.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    Thanks did the same research with the same results, looks like its best just to remove the end bolt(easiest) and match, may as well use a drop(literally) of non aggressive locktite on the threads. But of course if someone knows speak up!
    Light amount of blue loctite I use on all intake bolts cause red they will break coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by madtuner View Post
    I pulled the cover off mine and it's definitely a metric 10.
    OK so maybe mine is slipping because I have to use a socket,knuckle then extension with torque wrench, the only way to get to it because of the above rail them.

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    I had a P0174 turned out to vacuum leak from PCV hoses.

If after torque down the head bolts (which aome were loose enough for 3 rounds) I'll kep that in mind if the light comes on again

Was tightening the last number 10 in the tightening sequence RR corner DS intake manifold head bolt and it snapped at the threads. I know its going to have to be fixed but..... I have driven all day without any engine light come on or any difference in performance. Is this something that can be lived with as long as all the others are torqued? Until either the light comes on and DTC indicates vacume leak just leave it?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    That a gonna be fun you might be OK for now but it will come on again will need to have it tapped and threaded good luck

orandaberg, are you sure you're using the correct torque measurements?

89 lb. in. is very little torque. I'm surprised you're snapping bolts and having slipping issues.

Hi
    Yes I used 10 N-m, could of been at the weakest point already, maybe it had been tighten before from the previous owner, any way it broke at the top of the threads so with luck its sticking out a bit. Does not look like a big job to remove the manifold, its just back to ordering parts again

Well the bolts and gaskets are cheap enough but I cannot get around the high cost of shipping, could be I could find the bolts at a local bolt manufacturer, gaskets only GM here but waiting on the price, Looks DIY so saving a lot on that part since I am in Norway now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.