HID Headlight question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, HID Headlight question in Cadillac SRX Forums; The inside wiring of one of my headlights is different than the other . The 2 wires that go from ...
    Mr. Mohr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD Luxury Performance Package (Moonstone)

HID Headlight question

The inside wiring of one of my headlights is different than the other. The 2 wires that go from the ballast to the HID bulb pass through a black cylinder on one of my lights. Anybody know what this is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Picture?

It's such a pain to remove the headlights, I'm not taking them out until I know what to do with them once they're out. Both are HID headlamps, one is a 12 pin ballast, that has the black cylinder I'm talking about. The other was a replacement that was a 4 pin ballast that I swapped over to a 12 pin. That headlamps does not have this black cylinder thing. That headlamps also just went out, so I'm wondering if it has something to do with it. That side was also a slightly different color light, slightly more white, then bluish-white.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: HID Headlight question

As the bulb ages it will change colour, change as pairs.

It was a pair, one was out for a couple weeks, then put back in.

CoolATIGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V8 Northstar AWD w/ 18" wheels

Re: HID Headlight question

I know what you're talking about, just walked in from messing with mine that were causing issues...unfortunately I'm not sure either. I assumed it was some sort of relay or inline fuse or somesuch. Already had the 1st one buttoned up when I noticed it in the 2nd, so I'm not sure if they both have it but I imagine so.

These 12 pin ballasts are a nightmare...I'm new to the HID world, the concept of needing a ballast for a HEADLIGHT baffles me, along with taking apart the front grill just to replace a bulb. And now on top of course we have the 12 pin made-of-solid-gold ballasts that are all but extinct..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.