Unhappy 2004 SRX N* AWD Owner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Unhappy 2004 SRX N* AWD Owner in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am only posting this with the hopes that prospective SRX buyers are informed. I have seen all the other ...
    socaldawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Unhappy 2004 SRX N* AWD Owner

I am only posting this with the hopes that prospective SRX buyers are informed. I have seen all the other unhappy owners posts and it is a sign this is not a quality product.

Bought our 04 SRX about 6 years ago from GM dealer (used trade in from older couple.) Only 17K miles on it when purchased (at 81K now..)and had been religiously maintained by GM dealer. SO this was not a improperly maintained/abused used vehicle as some will try to blame. We have had following issues in the 6 years of use:

1. 3 water pumps - they die almost exactly at 21k miles of use.
    2. Uncountable front turn signal bulbs and sockets - this should be free repair everytime by dealer since the design is so obviously crap.
    3. Airflow meter
    4. complete NAV unit replaced
    5. missing screws replaced on ultra-view
    6. power steering pump and high pressure line
    7.valve cover gaskets leaking - these have been 'fixed' by 2 different dealers and still oil smell everytime wife pulls into garage.

Today taken to dealer for the "all warning lights on dash, TC light lit, running so rough that it dies when put in gear" - another seemingly common issue since I have seen many others post about it. And what is the dealer recommending for fix? New throttle body and sensors,new maf connector, and ecu reflash. Total of $1200. All at 80K?!?!

It is no wonder the Ford has been exceeding projections lately. One may be my next purchase.

Regards,
    Milo

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Yea Fords just so reliable.....

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I'm sticking to imports and Dodge trucks after I get rid of mine.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Unhappy 2004 SRX N* AWD Owner

Dodge doesn't make trucks anymore : )

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I knoooooooow this 96 should run for awhile haha

ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

Can't speak to your Northstar issues since my 06 has the LY7, but I replaced the turn signals and sockets four and a half years ago at 100K miles (84K miles ago) and haven't touched them since. So, not a design issue. Are you sure the dealer or whoever is replacing the bulbs and sockets with the updated parts? srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com.

I find the SRX to be a very reliable car. I have never changed the transmission oil, have changed the rear end oil and ltd slip fluid once, put 160K on the spark plugs and timing chains, still have the original water pump, alternator, compressor, ps pump, radiator, thermostat . . . yadda yadda yadda . . . it's been good to me.

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

If you replaced the sockets then wouldn't it have been a design issue?

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Everyone is gonna have a different experience. My 2004 six v8 had hardly no issues. Only major ones were transfer case and power steering pump. It was still a beast at 160,000 mies before a 75 year old in a Camry decided to hit me

ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepish View Post
    If you replaced the sockets then wouldn't it have been a design issue?
    GM doesn't make bulbs or sockets. I think you will find that GM's design specs were just fine, but the supplier made promises they couldn't or didn't keep.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.