Towing a 2008 SRX v6 awd w/3rd row seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Towing a 2008 SRX v6 awd w/3rd row seats in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just purchased this used and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade my ability to ...
    robertpbouchard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX V6 AWD

Towing a 2008 SRX v6 awd w/3rd row seats

I just purchased this used and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade my ability to tow.
    At the 2000 lb limit, it barely covers a 10' tent trailers (unloaded)

Is it possible to add the components necessary to increase the towing capacity to the 4250 lb noted for the ones with the V92 tow package?

Where can i find this out? (parts and part numbers). I do not have a caddy dealership in my area and the local gm dealership service rep did not know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: Towing a 2008 SRX v6 awd w/3rd row seats

I have it all figured out and it is not hard to do, parts are easy to get but the cost will depend on if you do the work yourself.

Great... how can I get that information?.... or can you direct me to it?

I am installing my hitch and controller right now on my 09 to pull our tent trailer, I have no tow package.

Ok so depends on how hardcore you want to go and how much work you want to put into it.

First are you sure you don't have the tow package because in 08 you should with the 3rd row, check that first, tow package does not come with a hitch so don't base it on that. You also may or may not have the engine driven fan, look for the RPO code.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by robertpbouchard View Post
    I just purchased this used and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade my ability to tow.
    At the 2000 lb limit, it barely covers a 10' tent trailers (unloaded)

Is it possible to add the components necessary to increase the towing capacity to the 4250 lb noted for the ones with the V92 tow package?

Where can i find this out? (parts and part numbers). I do not have a caddy dealership in my area and the local gm dealership service rep did not know.
    Hello robertpbouchard,

If you private message me with your VIN, I am more than happy to research this on your behalf.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks.

How do I find out the RPO codes?

I've looked through all of my documentation, and checked for labels on the vehicle.

I've heard it a couple of times now that the codes will confirm exactly all the details of my vehicle. I have also been told 2x now that the tow package was included in the 3rd row seatin package.... so as you indicated, I probably already have it... i just can't seem to find a way to confirm it.

Under the back seat in the jack compartment there will be a sticker with a bunch of codes on it, look for v92 or call your dealer and ask or go to compnine.com

In 08 the utility package got you V92 but I found out the hard way that in 09 V92 became an option again but in 09 you got the larger PS cooler and larger trans cooler from the tow package so you sort of got it but didn't get it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.