Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Unhappy owner of 06 SRX

4K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 · (Edited)
So, I recently purchased on 02/27/2013 a 2006 Cadillac SRX. I was sooo excited it drove like a dream during test drive.. WELLLLLL 2 days out the dealer my turn signal goes bad, tire monitor sensor is failing.

2 weeks out of the delar service stability message appears on radio

2 1/2 months out the dealer an ignition coil and spark plug needs to be replaced..

I am totally discouraged in purchasing this vehicle. Of course the $2000.00 warranty they had me ourchase with a $200.00 deductible covers nothing! How can a car I got less than 3 months ago have to be serviced 3 times??? A supposed mechanical inspection was completed 7 days prior to my purchase. But not sure what that intells as service department is yet to advise me of that. I have to pay more in repairs then I have in the amount of car payments I have made!

Also I have an issue. When I get in the car I always click the 1 as for driver 1 presets. Then either while drivivg or even right when getting in the car and pressing 1. The radio will go blank and back to the neutral presets and my driver door buttons (windows, lock and unlock car, mirrors) will not function for me. Has this happened to anyone?? I get on a daily basis and the dealer says they cant duplicate issue so nothing they can do..

I am tottaly frustrated and dissapointed!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello jackie081184,

I am sorry your vehicle is not meeting your expectations. If you would like to discuss these concerns and issues please private message me. Include your contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

----------

I am sorry about the issues you are having. Your not alone, when I bought my 07 AWD V8 SRX with 48000 miles on it, in less than a year I had the Power Steering Pump, Transfer Case, Radiator, Battery replaced. Then just over a year into owning my SRX, the Dealer had to replace the Engine with a new GM Engine Manufactured Oct 2010. All covered under my Cadillac Warranty. Now I have been problem free for a year now "Knock on Wood" since the repairs have been done. I still love this vehicle and plan to keep it until it dissolves to dust. LOL. I hope you get everything situated with yours.
Hello weccjc67,

I am sorry for the issues you had when you first bought your SRX. I am happy to hear the concerns were taken care and you are loving your vehicle still. Thanks for reaching out to jackie081184 and giving your kind sentiments. Enjoy your Cadillac!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

#4 ·
Well Im so happy that you are enjoying yor car. Wish I can get to that point. But only 3 months (05/27/2013) of owning mine I have had it in the shop for a week at time for 3 occassions. Repairs are to cost me more than the 2 car payments I have made. Kind of regretting my purchase.. Not even 3 months and all these issues??? whats to come in the long haul!

G
#5 ·
Hi
search orandaberg and you´ll see all my frustrations and costs within less then a year, my first lemon, till now it has no problems engine,trans or drive train. Mostly poor quality exterior underside parts and radiator,but the first mechanical problem that does arise in trans or engine or drive train, it gets traded,only because I spent so much on exterior inferior parts. These cars are meant for Arizona weather, not rainy climates,even my Ultrview glass support was rusted to the point it separated from the glass, I can only imagine the previous owner damaged the original and found one for free while scuba diving and put it on.But I still tinker with it an hope some loving care(money) will solve it.

#6 ·
Really sorry to hear about all of your issues with your 06 SRX. I just recently purchased my 05 and I don't have any major issues with it as of now, but one thing I've heard is that these are fairly easy to work on, even for your average Joe. I hope you can get past these issues and enjoy your SRX like you should! Good luck!

-Tom

#7 ·
Happy owner here, my 04 had 2 hubs replaced and a coil pack. No rust, no corrosion or any other issues and we use salt up here. My 09 has needed nothing so far and is a joy to drive, just changed a signal bulb that was a pain but 1/2 hour is not the end of the world.

I didn't want to say it but why did you buy a used car with no inspection report in your hand and an extended warranty your unhappy with?

#8 ·
Conedoctor,

The warranty I was told was the only one available for my used car. And when at financing they explained I was covered on everything. Till these issues arise and then I get in the mail 2 days ago a different pamphlet from the one I was given at the dealer. Mind you my car has been sitting at the dealer for a week now. And they advises me and the carfax showed that a maintenance inspection was performed on the car 7 days prior to my purchase. I have requested a full report of that and everyone is giving me the ring around. Makes me wonder if they ever inspected the car other than washing it and putting new tires and wiper blades.

The gentleman that sold me the warranty during financing mysteriously doesnt work there anymore, he just never came back the day after I purchased my car. I had to go back the next day as he forgot to collect my down payment check and other credentials that I was advised to come back for. When I got there I was told he never came back to work. Wonder if he scammed me?? He specifically told me I would be covered on all repairs of parts and ladies for. 1 year except for my $200.00 deductible. Of course his not there to vouch for any of it.

----------

Sorry for the misspelled words typing from my phone.

#9 · (Edited)
Man you need to get a lawyer to give them a call and get to the bottom of this, it is these crappy deals that hurt the brand, your dealer is attempting to make sweet love to you and make you pay for dinner.

Now of course at the end of the day this is your fault for not getting this paper work in hand first and trusting them, its not fair but it is the truth. But with a bit of a push they should do the right thing and stand behind the product they sold you in good faith that you bought in good faith.

I always tell customers I stand behind my work, I would not stand beside it but behind is ok :)

#10 ·
Not sure a lawyer will help. At this point I want to cut my losses and get my car from them! I'm not paying another penny, not even the 112.88 to just diagnose my car! I will cancel the crappy warranty and hope to get rid of this SRX as soon as I can and go elsewhere. No more caddies for me!

#12 ·
I never said I was blaming GM. Where did I say that?
I'm simply unsatisfied with the information provided and how the dealer has handled the matter.

Like you said I got a crappy used car. So As i mentioned earlier I will cut my losses and get rid of the car ASAP. Due to the Cadillac dealer is the reason I prefer to not purchase another caddy. I will take this as a lesson learned I guess a 28 yr old female should really not go car shopping alone.
We live and learn and waste money in the process at times.

----------

Also the dealer claimed to have inspected the car a few days prior to my purchase. So I didn't fail to inspect it. I failed to trust the dealer that was trying to get my money. And now no one can provide me that report.

#14 ·
Thats the problem it was sold by a Cadillac (GM) representive (dealer) that you should trust to be straight forward.The auto wasn't bought at auction or private seller! If auto wasn't able to pass inspections as stated shouldn't have been sold off GM representives lot.

#15 ·
jackie again I am sorry about your SRX problems. I got a Cadillac Warranty with mine $100 Deductible is that what you got or an After Market Warranty. When I had my problems with my SRX, my Cadillac Dealer took great care me, even when problems were later in the year they still did not ask for my Deductible, Everything Covered. Some Dealers are very good and some should not represent Cadillac at all but they do and it is very sad. I for one would not let a bad dealer get away with that or ruin my feeling about Cadillac Dealers, but you can try another Cadillac Dealer even if its a little far away it might be worth it to try so you can enjoy your SRX again.

#16 ·
Well when I signed paper work I noticed a line stating service contract $1950.00i asked the finance guy and he said that's the warranty and I'm working it in with your monthly payments. You will be covered on all parts and ladies each time you bring your car in, except up to $200.00 deductible. It's from GM. He handed me a pamphlet and said here are some more details. The first time I took the car in 1 week off the lot they compt my services because I fussed about it but they were ready to charge me 200.00 after just 1 week!!! I had a service stability error the day after I drove out and the turn signal bulb went out on the way home that night from the dealer.

I am totally unsatisfied and feel like I was someone how fooled. GM sent me a different pamphlet in the mail just a few days ago, while my car still in the shop stating different coverage information. I can't tell at the financial guy as he quitthe following day of my purchase!

It's now day 6 and my car is still in the shop no one is repairing they are all running back and forth from this person to that person. I'm yet to be provided the maintenance Inspection they claimed they did and they haven't told me what will be done regarding my repairs. Whether they are compting them due to improper inspection on their part or if they are charging me!!!! And the loaner they have me sucks!!! It must be driven hard. It's a 2013 ats and it's shaking real bad when stopped.. I'm just fed up and frustrated.

#18 ·
I did. I sent her the private message with in full details and all my contact information that she provided. I just replied to her as well with the final outcome of the dilemma. Let's just say I have my car back with no repairs... :-(

they refused to cover all the repairs needed and will only cover 50% of 1 repair needed. I am totally disatisfied. only 1 person out of the 5 i dealt with actually called me back and attempted to get the ball rolling in getting issues addressed. She even told me that the manager that refused to pay stated he wasnt amde aware I was awaiting his call and that he didnt know about my issues. But yet I was advised by 4 additional people in amatter of 6 weeks to await his call. She also advised that she herself ocntacted him the day my car came into the shop.

Dimmitt Cadillac of Clearwater Fl. has certainly made my experience horrible and now my car is unenjoyable and drives horrible due to the repairs needed.

#20 ·
This thread brings up an important point about extended warranties. The term 'extended warranty' implies that it is an extension of the original manufacturer's warranty. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I think the term "extended warranty" should not be used at all. Instead, it should be called what it is, a "partial post-coverage warranty". Extended warranties do NOT cover half of what the original warranty does. While they costs thousands of dollars, they expire only a couple of years later or when a certain mileage is reached. Everyone should read the fine-print in these warranties. For instance, they may cover a light socket, but not the bulb. From my experience, I may not ever get another extended warranty, because they simply haven't paid off. I would love to hear from other drivers who have found great benefit in extended warranties.

#21 ·
jackie, it's lawyer time!

#25 ·
I want to thank you all for taking the time in responding with your comments and advise. I can not tell you how frustrated I was, for being lied to, the service I received and then the whole issue that my car was less than 3 months with me and in the shop 3 additional times.

Thanks to this forum and the Customer Service Rep Laura on this thread, I have learned alot and know what to look forward to in the future when I decide to upgrade from my 2006 SRX. Thanks to some actions taken, no lawyer, I was contacted by the general Manager and The Senior Manager of Pre-Owned Vehicle of the dealer and they are fixing my issues. My advise to those that have been treated unfairly. Is to always take the time and write to the General Managers and all those in management. at times they may not be aware of the issues going on lower in the chain, and they cant fix a problem they don't know about. I addressed my concerns and in returned getting the results I deserve.

Thank you all again. Very needed lesson for me! Also reach out to the Customer Service Reps. here. They are extremely helpful!! Thanks Laura you rock!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.