Unhappy owner of 06 SRX - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Unhappy owner of 06 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well when I signed paper work I noticed a line stating service contract $1950.00i asked the finance guy and he ...
    jackie081184 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX
    Well when I signed paper work I noticed a line stating service contract $1950.00i asked the finance guy and he said that's the warranty and I'm working it in with your monthly payments. You will be covered on all parts and ladies each time you bring your car in, except up to $200.00 deductible. It's from GM. He handed me a pamphlet and said here are some more details. The first time I took the car in 1 week off the lot they compt my services because I fussed about it but they were ready to charge me 200.00 after just 1 week!!! I had a service stability error the day after I drove out and the turn signal bulb went out on the way home that night from the dealer.

I am totally unsatisfied and feel like I was someone how fooled. GM sent me a different pamphlet in the mail just a few days ago, while my car still in the shop stating different coverage information. I can't tell at the financial guy as he quitthe following day of my purchase!

It's now day 6 and my car is still in the shop no one is repairing they are all running back and forth from this person to that person. I'm yet to be provided the maintenance Inspection they claimed they did and they haven't told me what will be done regarding my repairs. Whether they are compting them due to improper inspection on their part or if they are charging me!!!! And the loaner they have me sucks!!! It must be driven hard. It's a 2013 ats and it's shaking real bad when stopped.. I'm just fed up and frustrated.

2broke4this is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 RWD

Re: Unhappy owner of 06 SRX

I have to ask, did you follow up on the offer of help from the Cadillac Customer Service representative in this thread? It's possible that he/she may be able to help. I hope so! It would be a shame to throw in the towel so soon.

I did. I sent her the private message with in full details and all my contact information that she provided. I just replied to her as well with the final outcome of the dilemma. Let's just say I have my car back with no repairs... :-(

they refused to cover all the repairs needed and will only cover 50% of 1 repair needed. I am totally disatisfied. only 1 person out of the 5 i dealt with actually called me back and attempted to get the ball rolling in getting issues addressed. She even told me that the manager that refused to pay stated he wasnt amde aware I was awaiting his call and that he didnt know about my issues. But yet I was advised by 4 additional people in amatter of 6 weeks to await his call. She also advised that she herself ocntacted him the day my car came into the shop.

Dimmitt Cadillac of Clearwater Fl. has certainly made my experience horrible and now my car is unenjoyable and drives horrible due to the repairs needed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie081184 View Post
    I did. I sent her the private message with in full details and all my contact information that she provided. I just replied to her as well with the final outcome of the dilemma. Let's just say I have my car back with no repairs... :-(

they refused to cover all the repairs needed and will only cover 50% of 1 repair needed. I am totally disatisfied. only 1 person out of the 5 i dealt with actually called me back and attempted to get the ball rolling in getting issues addressed. She even told me that the manager that refused to pay stated he wasnt amde aware I was awaiting his call and that he didnt know about my issues. But yet I was advised by 4 additional people in amatter of 6 weeks to await his call. She also advised that she herself ocntacted him the day my car came into the shop.

Dimmitt Cadillac of Clearwater Fl. has certainly made my experience horrible and now my car is unenjoyable and drives horrible due to the repairs needed.
    Hello jackie081184,

I wanted to answer this thread and let you know I did receive your private message. I will be looking into it and messaging you back via private message. I am sorry for the poor experience you had at the dealership and that you are still unsatisfied with your vehicle.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

This thread brings up an important point about extended warranties. The term 'extended warranty' implies that it is an extension of the original manufacturer's warranty. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I think the term "extended warranty" should not be used at all. Instead, it should be called what it is, a "partial post-coverage warranty". Extended warranties do NOT cover half of what the original warranty does. While they costs thousands of dollars, they expire only a couple of years later or when a certain mileage is reached. Everyone should read the fine-print in these warranties. For instance, they may cover a light socket, but not the bulb. From my experience, I may not ever get another extended warranty, because they simply haven't paid off. I would love to hear from other drivers who have found great benefit in extended warranties.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

jackie, it's lawyer time!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post
    This thread brings up an important point about extended warranties. The term 'extended warranty' implies that it is an extension of the original manufacturer's warranty. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I think the term "extended warranty" should not be used at all. Instead, it should be called what it is, a "partial post-coverage warranty". Extended warranties do NOT cover half of what the original warranty does. While they costs thousands of dollars, they expire only a couple of years later or when a certain mileage is reached. Everyone should read the fine-print in these warranties. For instance, they may cover a light socket, but not the bulb. From my experience, I may not ever get another extended warranty, because they simply haven't paid off. I would love to hear from other drivers who have found great benefit in extended warranties.
    Ain't that the truth they always back out of covered repairs. I'm requesting a full refund on mine since I always come out of pocket. Bumper to bumper platinum coverage my ass. Mercury insurance
    TimRSRX777 and TimRSRX777 like this.

weccjc67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX AWD V8

Quote Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post
    My Experiences with Extended Warranties.

I bought the GM Major Guard Extended Warranty twice from Scranton Motors Vernon CT. 1st one was for my 2000 GMC Denali back in 2003 and 2nd is for my 2007 Cadillac SRX in 2011. Even back in 1999 I bought a 1997 Chevy Tahoe from a Ford Dealer in Huntington L.I. NY and bought an After Market Extended Warranty, do not remember which Warranty Company.

1997 Tahoe. Blown Transmission, Alternator. Repaired under warranty $200 Deductible plus I had to pay for fluids other than that I was very satisfied.

2003 GMC Denali. Seized Brake Caliper, Passenger Power Seat, Drive Shaft Yoke, New Engine Gaskets due to Dex Cool Leaks, All Power Door Lock Actuators, Altenator. All Repairs Covered $100 Deductible, again satisfied.

2007 Cadillac SRX. Replaced, Radiator, Engine, Power Steering Pump, Battery and Cover, Drivers Lumbar Support, Transfer Case. All repairs covered, did not even have to pay my $100 deductible because everything happened in a short period. Very Satisfied.

I guess I had good luck with Dealers and I am sorry for all of the others that get screwed by dishonest Dealers.

jackie, I agree with glake89, get a lawyer. Its time to punish that dishonest dealer for taking advantage of people that do not know.

2broke4this is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V6 RWD

Jackie,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, and I really hope the customer service rep is able to do something for you! I just spent ten hours in mine and found a few things I need to address, but I can only imagine how frustrated you are with yours!
    jackie081184 and jackie081184 like this.

I want to thank you all for taking the time in responding with your comments and advise. I can not tell you how frustrated I was, for being lied to, the service I received and then the whole issue that my car was less than 3 months with me and in the shop 3 additional times.

Thanks to this forum and the Customer Service Rep Laura on this thread, I have learned alot and know what to look forward to in the future when I decide to upgrade from my 2006 SRX. Thanks to some actions taken, no lawyer, I was contacted by the general Manager and The Senior Manager of Pre-Owned Vehicle of the dealer and they are fixing my issues. My advise to those that have been treated unfairly. Is to always take the time and write to the General Managers and all those in management. at times they may not be aware of the issues going on lower in the chain, and they cant fix a problem they don't know about. I addressed my concerns and in returned getting the results I deserve.

Thank you all again. Very needed lesson for me! Also reach out to the Customer Service Reps. here. They are extremely helpful!! Thanks Laura you rock!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jackie081184 View Post
    I want to thank you all for taking the time in responding with your comments and advise. I can not tell you how frustrated I was, for being lied to, the service I received and then the whole issue that my car was less than 3 months with me and in the shop 3 additional times.

Thanks to this forum and the Customer Service Rep Laura on this thread, I have learned alot and know what to look forward to in the future when I decide to upgrade from my 2006 SRX. Thanks to some actions taken, no lawyer, I was contacted by the general Manager and The Senior Manager of Pre-Owned Vehicle of the dealer and they are fixing my issues. My advise to those that have been treated unfairly. Is to always take the time and write to the General Managers and all those in management. at times they may not be aware of the issues going on lower in the chain, and they cant fix a problem they don't know about. I addressed my concerns and in returned getting the results I deserve.

Thank you all again. Very needed lesson for me! Also reach out to the Customer Service Reps. here. They are extremely helpful!! Thanks Laura you rock!!
    Thanks for posting this Jackelyn! I do appreciate the recognition you give to the customer service team. I am just happy your issues were able to be taken care of!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    jackie081184 and jackie081184 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.