Front dome (map) lights - did I break it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Front dome (map) lights - did I break it? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I ordered a really cool looking set of blue LED's and the only instructions I could find on how to ...
    jgodfrey82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX NorthStar - just purchased, and loving it!

Front dome (map) lights - did I break it?

I ordered a really cool looking set of blue LED's and the only instructions I could find on how to open the front dome (map) light console was to pull on it. I pulled, heard a snap, and now I can't get it to really stick back up there (its only half way down, so isn't falling on me, but I can see light leakage). Any advice or idea where I can see how this opens/closes? Did I break it by just pulling it down? I really hope I just didn't break something expensive for a $7 pair of LED's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jgodfrey82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX NorthStar - just purchased, and loving it!
    ok, so I kind of figured out how to pull the metal clips out and placing them onto the plastic inserts before pushing the dome up back into position, but I can't get it as tight as it was, I am thinking some of the clips are bent up. Does anyone know what part number these are and where to get any?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Had the same issues on my 06 when i did mine but the entire plastic frame up there broke so I said forget it lol

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Front dome (map) lights - did I break it?

A good parts store may be able to help. Most clips are available aftermarket.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Dimitrioscool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX AWD V8

Re: Front dome (map) lights - did I break it?

Quote Originally Posted by jgodfrey82 View Post
    I ordered a really cool looking set of blue LED's and the only instructions I could find on how to open the front dome (map) light console was to pull on it. I pulled, heard a snap, and now I can't get it to really stick back up there (its only half way down, so isn't falling on me, but I can see light leakage). Any advice or idea where I can see how this opens/closes? Did I break it by just pulling it down? I really hope I just didn't break something expensive for a $7 pair of LED's.
    i pulled on mine also now its not going back in as tight as before just to see how it comes out... i wanted to see what led will fit in there but i needed a screwdriver to take out the bulb.... i did research but there are so many t10 led out there.
    does Anybody know whats the best bulb thats a multi led that will fit in these domes/map nobody seems to be answering... pictures or links will be great

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.