Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Too good to be true - Brakes in Cadillac SRX Forums; So I bought a 2008 SRX with 29,000 miles. Drove it seemed fine, bought it. Noticed it had new rotors ...
- 05-17-13 12:58 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2002 DeVille Base White Diamond, 2008 SRX V8 AWD 3rd row and
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
Too good to be true - Brakes
So I bought a 2008 SRX with 29,000 miles. Drove it seemed fine, bought it. Noticed it had new rotors and pads. Hmmmm.... After 2000 more miles the RR caliper locked up, tremendous vibration. I think that it sat for so long the the brakes rusted and the caliper was ready to seize. Hope the others stay OK.
- 05-17-13 06:18 PM #2Originally Posted by pricetag2
Careful of the parts you buy, I asked the local parts store for 'delco or better' quality. The 'premium' parts they gave me looked rusted within a week of driving. (Car quest)
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE & Metric Socket Set
SAE & Metric Socket Set - 41 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set
Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set - 9 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Metric Stubby Hex Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm, 3/8" Drive: 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 18mm & 19mm
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"