P0008 - uh oh!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, P0008 - uh oh! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi all, it has been awhile since I have posted here. I am still driving and loving my '06 SRX. ...
    kelliecoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

P0008 - uh oh!

Hi all, it has been awhile since I have posted here. I am still driving and loving my '06 SRX. I too have had the classic oil consumption issue, but have been absolutely sure to watch and ensure my vehicle has the proper oil levels at all times.

Just recently my check engine light came on and my car is not as peppy when driving. I had Onstar run the diagnostic and it did come back P0008. I am having the dealer's service department check it out today, but I was curious if anyone has had any extra GM coverage on this. I have seen a few posts saying GM is fixing this under a special extended warranty, but my dealer had no information on this for my VIN number.

My car has 105,000 miles on it, so it is understandable that things would need fixing. However, I have maintained it to the utmost level and am hoping to get another 50,000 miles out of it minimum.

Anyone have success with GM on this outside of warranty?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: P0008 - uh oh!

Did you buy it new?

I wonder if ownership history will factor into it, if you are the original owner I would think you have a better chance, mind you 105,000 is not so bad either.

Yep, bought it brand new with only 8 miles on it and have loved it ever since. I am hoping to keep it for a long, long time to come .

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I believe the extra coverage was only for 07 and up on certain VINS dealership will cost at least $3k+ its not that hard of a job for a good mechanic and definitely worth the savings. Check around your local area.

Thanks for the replies . I wanted to update that the dealer's service manager just called me and let me know that just the timing chains needs to be done. He said he was 97% sure the actuator would be fine.

The cost to replace the timing chains is $1321 (and includes the necessary oil change). This sounds really reasonable to me but I will still call our local mechanic to see his price.

Fingers crossed this will be all it will cost and I am glad I got it in before any sort of failures!

-Kelliecoo

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Wow that's a great price for a dealer

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kelliecoo View Post
    Hi all, it has been awhile since I have posted here. I am still driving and loving my '06 SRX. I too have had the classic oil consumption issue, but have been absolutely sure to watch and ensure my vehicle has the proper oil levels at all times.

Just recently my check engine light came on and my car is not as peppy when driving. I had Onstar run the diagnostic and it did come back P0008. I am having the dealer's service department check it out today, but I was curious if anyone has had any extra GM coverage on this. I have seen a few posts saying GM is fixing this under a special extended warranty, but my dealer had no information on this for my VIN number.

My car has 105,000 miles on it, so it is understandable that things would need fixing. However, I have maintained it to the utmost level and am hoping to get another 50,000 miles out of it minimum.

Anyone have success with GM on this outside of warranty?

Thanks in advance!
    Hello kelliecoo,

That is great to hear you love your 2006 SRX and still plan to drive it for years to come! Thanks for the update after speaking with the dealer service manager. I understand how you would want a second opinion to compare pricing. I am glad you had your vehicle checked before other damage was able to be caused too. Please keep us posted on your vehicle.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Laura, I need your help! My car is done and ready to be picked up at the dealer. My dealer says no one from your office has even contacted them yet. My case manager said she would call yesterday between 2 to 4 but so far she has not reached out to me. The operator told me to leave my car at the dealer until the middle of next week when my case manager may be able to call me.

Well my car is done and ready to be picked up. I don't even know if I could leave it at the dealer that long not to mention whether I trust my case manager will even reach out to the dealer at this point.

Can you escalate my case up your chain? I hate to be pushy but I rally shouldn't be making my dealer store my car when it seems like no one is doing anything on the customer care side.

Thank you!!!! I am so ready to be back driving my baby!

Kellie

Laura, I need your help! My car is done and ready to be picked up at the dealer. My dealer says no one from your office has even contacted them yet. My case manager said she would call yesterday between 2 to 4 but so far she has not reached out to me. The operator told me to leave my car at the dealer until the middle of next week when my case manager may be able to call me.

Well my car is done and ready to be picked up. I don't even know if I could leave it at the dealer that long not to mention whether I trust my case manager will even reach out to the dealer at this point.

Can you escalate my case up your chain? I hate to be pushy but I rally shouldn't be making my dealer store my car when it seems like no one is doing anything on the customer care side.

Thank you!!!! I am so ready to be back driving my baby!

Kellie
    Hello Kellie,

I am sorry you feel this way about the assistance you are receiving from the customer service team. I wanted to let you know I am going to be private messaging you with information to this concern. Please be on a lookout for my update!

Laura M.

Thanks for the PM Laura!

Thanks for the PM Laura!
    You are welcome kelliecoo! You know how to reach me if anything else is needed.

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.