06 v6 repair list for dealer on Monday :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 06 v6 repair list for dealer on Monday :( in Cadillac SRX Forums; 3rd set of lower control arms Power steering leak Cd's not playing and constantly shuffling Also shuffle when pressing the ...
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

06 v6 repair list for dealer on Monday :(

3rd set of lower control arms
    Power steering leak
    Cd's not playing and constantly shuffling
    Also shuffle when pressing the middle row forward button
    High pitched power steering or pulley squeal on start up
    Rattling noise on cold start up (timing chains done last November)
    Hopefully engine replacement due to oil consumption
    2nd new key fob dead again
    Clunk in reverse after backing up a few feet (nt the u joints)
    Fan clutch has some play
    Left rear tire pressure sensor dead again

If my warranty doesn't cover these items even though they are on the list of covered repairs this truck is going to the junkyard lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pilot188 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 06 v6 repair list for dealer on Monday :(

OK, I am looking for a used head lamp (right side) Model 2005 / 2007
    So, I interested for this part

I got a used one for my truck off ebay for 250

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    3rd set of lower control arms
    Power steering leak
    Cd's not playing and constantly shuffling
    Also shuffle when pressing the middle row forward button
    High pitched power steering or pulley squeal on start up
    Rattling noise on cold start up (timing chains done last November)
    Hopefully engine replacement due to oil consumption
    2nd new key fob dead again
    Clunk in reverse after backing up a few feet (nt the u joints)
    Fan clutch has some play
    Left rear tire pressure sensor dead again

If my warranty doesn't cover these items even though they are on the list of covered repairs this truck is going to the junkyard lol
    Hello repnatl,

I am sorry for these issues with your vehicle you are experiencing. I hope your dealership visit goes well. Let us know; we will be sad to hear if you get rid of your vehicle.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Awesome news warranty will only repair the radio and Ac tensioner and will cost me $400 outside of my deductible. Won't touch the leak or control arms even though they are covered. This is my last straw im getting rid of this truck.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Or have your lawyer send a nice letter-
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

I doubt know if a lawyer would help cause bottom line is the truck needs an engine and they won't touch it due to the previous owners negligence so im pretty much screwed either way. All the warranty company (mercury insurance) is gonna do is point to the fine print about sludge which there isn't any anymore. Engine is perfectly clean but either way you know they like to nit pick.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

That's what lawyers do......nit pick!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm good point ill definitely have to look into that cause this is beyond ridiculous that's why we buy extended warranties because we don't know how well or lack thereof it was maintained previously and they are hiding behind their sludge and neglect clause

Awesome news warranty will only repair the radio and Ac tensioner and will cost me $400 outside of my deductible. Won't touch the leak or control arms even though they are covered. This is my last straw im getting rid of this truck.
    Hello repnatl,

Sorry about your dealer experience. I would like to hear more about this. If you would like to discuss your concerns, can you please private message me the details in addition to your contact information, VIN and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Thanks Laura but nothing ever comes of it. I appreciate your help. But too many issues in such a short time that I've had to eat the bill for. I'm going to my finance company who recommended the extended warranty company to see what they can do about it but ultimately I'm getting rid of this and staying as far away from purchasing another Cadillac/GM as I can. My next vehicle when I decide to finance again will be a brand new one with a full dealer warranty so that I never have to go through this again.

Thanks Laura but nothing ever comes of it. I appreciate your help. But too many issues in such a short time that I've had to eat the bill for. I'm going to my finance company who recommended the extended warranty company to see what they can do about it but ultimately I'm getting rid of this and staying as far away from purchasing another Cadillac/GM as I can. My next vehicle when I decide to finance again will be a brand new one with a full dealer warranty so that I never have to go through this again.
    Hi repnatl,

You're welcome. I am sorry you feel this way based on your current situation. You know where to reach out to us if you ever need additional help!

Regards,

Laura M.

OK so after the truck has been sitting at the dealer for a week I go up there to see if they heard the control arm noise and come to find out they never even drove it to verify WOW. Its sad that the techs there even told the warranty adjuster that I've done an awesome job at the repairs and they weren't a hack job and further said that I know more about the srx than they do. Also that all repairs I've done look professional at least I know I'm very competent in my work.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

This thread brings up an important point about extended warranties. The term 'extended warranty' implies that it is an extension of the original manufacturer's warranty. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I think the term "extended warranty" should not be used at all. Instead, it should be called what it is, a "partial post-coverage warranty". Extended warranties do NOT cover half of what the original warranty does. While they costs thousands of dollars, they expire only a couple of years later or when a certain mileage is reached. Everyone should read the fine-print in these warranties. For instance, they may cover a light socket, but not the bulb. From my experience, I may not ever get another extended warranty, because they simply haven't paid off. I would love to hear from other drivers who have found great benefit in extended warranties.

Yeah just saw you post from the other irrate owner. And your very right unless its an actually a manufacturer warranty its worthless.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.