Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Cabin Air Filter Replacement in Cadillac SRX Forums; It only took me about 15 minutes and no tools required for 2008 SRX. Here are the steps: 1. open ...
- 05-11-13 03:01 PM #1
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
It only took me about 15 minutes and no tools required for 2008 SRX. Here are the steps:
1. open hood
2. remove plastic grill from below the passenger front side (push in the two tabs and rotate up)
3. push in filter plastic cover on the outboard side and rotate up. This will loosen the other side also.
4. rotate and twist to remove the filter cover
5. locate old filter and pull out (some bending / twisting may be needed)
6. insert new filter making sure that the top of it sits next to the two tabs and is held back by the two tabs in front. You can feel this by hand.
7. replace covers
Note: if the filter appears to fall farther down at an angle then you need to take it out and insert it so it sits behind the tabs.
Hope this helps someone.
- 05-12-13 04:19 AM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V8 Black/Black
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
- Houston, Tx
Re: Cabin Air Filter Replacement
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Arm Hex Key SAE
Long Arm Hex Key SAE - 13 Pcs SAE Long Arm Hex Key Set; With Storage Container
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"