Its Been Fun
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Its Been Fun in Cadillac SRX Forums; I bought an o4 srx awd n* in jan 05. between the poor design features and the worse dealer support ...
    sigman220 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx

Its Been Fun

I bought an o4 srx awd n* in jan 05. between the poor design features and the worse dealer support I've had it. The 1st week the battery died and left me stranded, an issue that continued for 3 batteries in 2 yrs. While I was getting the 2nd I asked the rep if there was a better solution , he said that they could put a bigger one in for $ 300 but it would void the warranty. I still had all the low voltage issues but I was hoping for a fix from GM. I'm still waiting. After the warranty expired I bought a cosco #78 for under $100 and it solved the elec problems. There have been a few other issues like the radio replacement twice,rear rubber mouldings disintegrating,rearwasher non functioning, I had to buy alocking gas cap in 06 cuz it didn't have one( my wifes $12000 came with one), but when the dealer wanted $300 to change a turn signal bulb, Iwas tired of it. And nownot only does the front drive chainneed replacing,therear end is making the same noise. My mechanic says 600 for the front 1000to2000 for the rear. Idon't even want to ask the dealer. Oh , did I mention the Mileage? its only 43000 miles. It was only driven for pleasure Istill love the looks and the ride. Best car for a trip. But cadillac lost me . So I'm going to trade it in for something else NOT a caddy. Sorry for th rant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Its Been Fun

Mind if I cut in line!

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

I'm at the same place you are with my 04 v8 with same problems you talk about 3 radios rear seal leak ,rear hatch won,t open oil leaks etc. etc. This vehicle has 53000 mile on it and according to this forum probably do a transfer repair.I have a friend that worked at borg warner who makes transfer case for this vehicle there is weakness is this case with a fix for it.This is my problem with GM they know there is problems with some vehicles and they stone wall you on problems they know they have.The 1- 800 number is just a merry go round back to sevice manager at dealer you are trying to get problem resolved!. The problem is still going on with Customer satisfaction just look at some of other forums on xts and other new models. The reason I'm looking is I'm looking at purchasing another vehicle and looking at CAD forums looks like business as usual .My vehicle new at purchase was $53000 what the old saying get me once get me twice my fault!!!!bey bey

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am confused, You bought an 04 SRX in 05 and it is now 2013 and you're tired of it? Well it is now an eight year old car. Why didnt you get rid of it n 2006? If it has only 43000 miles on it in 2013, how long did you have it parked? Wasn't a lot of that work done under warranty? I agree some of the seemingly low cost maintenance procedures are way way too complicated, but not sure what the point of your rant is. If the car treated you so terribly why did you keep it for over 8 years?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sigman220 View Post
    I bought an o4 srx awd n* in jan 05. between the poor design features and the worse dealer support I've had it. The 1st week the battery died and left me stranded, an issue that continued for 3 batteries in 2 yrs. While I was getting the 2nd I asked the rep if there was a better solution , he said that they could put a bigger one in for $ 300 but it would void the warranty. I still had all the low voltage issues but I was hoping for a fix from GM. I'm still waiting. After the warranty expired I bought a cosco #78 for under $100 and it solved the elec problems. There have been a few other issues like the radio replacement twice,rear rubber mouldings disintegrating,rearwasher non functioning, I had to buy alocking gas cap in 06 cuz it didn't have one( my wifes $12000 came with one), but when the dealer wanted $300 to change a turn signal bulb, Iwas tired of it. And nownot only does the front drive chainneed replacing,therear end is making the same noise. My mechanic says 600 for the front 1000to2000 for the rear. Idon't even want to ask the dealer. Oh , did I mention the Mileage? its only 43000 miles. It was only driven for pleasure Istill love the looks and the ride. Best car for a trip. But cadillac lost me . So I'm going to trade it in for something else NOT a caddy. Sorry for th rant.
    Hello sigman220,

I am sorry you feel this way based on your current situation. Cadillac relies heavily on loyal customers and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again. I do understand when you put in a high amount of money towards a vehicle, you expect it to function properly. If there is anything else you think we can assist you with, please reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.