Should I buy?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Should I buy? in Cadillac SRX Forums; 2006 SRX 90K miles - $9000.00 very clean. Should I buy it?...
    kdog126 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Should I buy?

2006 SRX 90K miles - $9000.00 very clean. Should I buy it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Re: Should I buy?

If it comes with warrenty yes.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

v6 or N* v8? AWD or RWD? Ultraview or none? 3rd row seats? Clean CarFax/AutoCheck and no major accidents? clean non salvage title? one owner car?

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    If you want less repairs down the road go with the v8 no ultraview and a 3rd row seat awd for more traction rwd for more gas mileage

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

You won't get much in the way of a response without details. We have very little to go on.

Clean Carfax. Not sure if its AWD...how can I tell? Has Ultraview sunroof and 3rd row of seats.

----------

No warranty.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Look for half shafts going to front wheels for AWD.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

That ultraview and v6 are gonna cost you money in repairs not to mention no warranty those lower control arms always go bad. 3rd row seat i have and its a joke only very very small children can fit in it. Mine stays down and we take 2 vehicles

He didn't say it had a V6.....though I wouldn't balk at a one owner V6 with 90k for that price if the service records and a mechanic's check passed muster. UltraView was and is a must for me. The third row comes in handy for short hops with adults, 5'4" and under. Kids are fine with it. I don't know why you would take two cars when one would do.

Only when there were more adults back there we would.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Double triple check, raise the car and look under it, remove the under splash shield and look at the underside, look at the brake lines are not rusted especially the line over the rear axle, have diagnostic scanner hooked up, look at history or codes, There is not enough you can do to precheck a SRX. Check battery, I know this is my last Cadillac I buy without a days worth of fine combing the car and a recorded maintenance history. Check the Ultraview works as it should, third row seat function (if applicable) And most of all the spare tire release functions. Check to make sure it does not have a draw on the battery higher then normal. Oh and look at your radiator to make sure it has not sagged down in the middle (look at my thread need help on the road) lots of pics

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Only when there were more adults back there we would.
    Even with adults back in the third row it can be a real convenience provided the distance to be travelled is not too far. Yes, ingress and egress is not particularly easy. My wife and I have been asked/conscripted to drive (consolidate into one vehicle) for concerts, a funeral, a night out on the town where I was the designated driver, at campgrounds where other couples had an RV and no second vehicle, etc. The third row works in a pinch, even with adults. You just slide the second row seats forward a few inches to give the third row folks more leg room. And the auxiliary A/C unit and vents back there keep the rear passengers cool and comfortable.

----------

Granted, the UltraView has its issues. But it is the largest and heaviest piece of sunroof glass ever placed on a production vehicle. Even the rear passengers can enjoy its benefits. It also is the closest you can come to open air driving in a crossover or sports utility vehicle. Period! Cadillac used the same vendor as Mercedes when designing and installing this option, so at least they went into this with eyes wide open.

Yes, the UltraView roof does require routine cleaning and lubrication of the tracks and weather seals, with some occasional adjustments of the guides. But I use mine nearly every day 24/7/365......even in the Winter (open slightly). I haul the dogs in the SRX, so you can imagine how gamey it can get smelling in there.

Personally, this is one of my favorite options and to me is well worth the maintenance to keep it working properly to get what I enjoy. Opinions on this may vary.

PJ

Thanks all for the feedback. I think I am going to get it. Other than the issues you all mentioned, what is your overall impression of the vehicle? How does it compare to its competitors from BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and Volvo?

----------

Thanks for the feedback. Other than the issues you mentioned, what are your overall impressions of the vehicle? Ride? Comfort? Handling? Speed? How does it compare to its competitors from BMW, Mercedes, Volvo and Lexus?

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    If I could do ut over again I would have run the other way an bought the Porsch Cayenne V8 like I really wanted. But with everything I have had to spend on parts and labour for the less then 1 year I owned the SRX, I could of had the Porsch and money left over. Mine is still in the garage waiting on final parts to arrive from usa
    Ride Fair (not what you would expect for the new price-Comfort drove 7000 Km once and it was dare I say comfortable-suspension is ruff Drove the same ruff rode in a 2005 Volvo V40 and the ride you could hardly tell it was a ruff road, with the SRX it was like driving in a Jeep CJ7,shaking passengers side to side and up and down, had to go over the road at a crawl speed-Handling Good- Speed Fast, Fun.
    To be fair the same problems,parts would have been more expensive with Porsch, GM parts can be cheap if you know where to look. Good thing because parts will be needed sooner then later

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

It beat all of them in testing for its year, it is a solid car.

Take what people say with a grain of salt, I have had 2 perfectly fine SRX's with no problems and I would buy another. That being said I would not buy a V6 based on the issues you could face and I wanted the power.

So not saying haters gonna hate but haters gonna hate.

Cost of ownership on a Cayenne is retarded, maybe less in Norway but here in NA cost of ownership of the German brands is not cheap if you want to service them like they should be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.