3 Minor Issues - Mirror/Condensate/Fog??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 3 Minor Issues - Mirror/Condensate/Fog?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi, Three minor issues that I am hoping I can have the benefit of this forum's collective experience to get ...
    TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Question 3 Minor Issues - Mirror/Condensate/Fog??

Hi,

Three minor issues that I am hoping I can have the benefit of this forum's collective experience to get some feedback on:

1) Our outside Driver's side mirror looks like it got too close to a wood fire - the inside and outside lower corners are discolored a dark bronze color and it actually looks like a flame licked at the glass.. i am thinking this maybe has something to do with the auto dim feature?

2) The passenger side headlight has condensate on the inside of the headlight? Is there a bad seal somewhere? Or another common reason for this. Possibly relates to item 3.

3) The previous owner had a very minor hit on lower front right of the front bumper cover and that must have sprung the fog lamp loose on one side from it's moorings. Dealer said he'd charge us about $150 to remove the bumper cover and super glue or similar the fog lamp bracket back together? From what I have read on here you just remove wheel and inner wheel well liner (similar to replacing the bulb) and get at the fog lamp from there or is there an easier way to do it? Is a loose fog lamp common? I can't tell if a tab on fog lamp assembly broke off or screw is popped out?

Any enlightenment you can give me on the above 3 issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Re: 3 Minor Issues - Mirror/Condensate/Fog??

1. Discolored mirror is not reversible and can only be replaced. It is possible to replace the glass only. The discoloration can occur if the heating element is on for a very long time and damages the mirror surface.

2. The best way to fix this is to remove the headlamp unit and drill two small holes in the bottom of the unit to provide air circulation. You will never have another issue again and it will prolong bulb life. The problem is likely a crack in the unit or leaking seal and difficult to address directly. Drilling the small holes in the bottom will be invisible and work well. Just be careful where you drill.

3. Yes, you can simple remove the wheel well liner. If you turn the wheel you don't need to remove the wheel. You will need to investigate from there to see what is broken and how best to fix it.

JayTF1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

/\ This /\

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Thanks 08SRX.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.