2005 srx sunroof/looking for part(s)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2005 srx sunroof/looking for part(s) in Cadillac SRX Forums; hi, I own a 2005 Cadillac srx. I've noticed that when I try to open the sunroof, the rear edge ...
    sabinp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

2005 srx sunroof/looking for part(s)

hi,
    I own a 2005 Cadillac srx. I've noticed that when I try to open the sunroof, the rear edge of the sunroof hits in the smaller (fixed) roof glass next to it (in the back).
    It hits only on one side; I can definitely see that on the driver's side, the sunroof sits with about 1/8" -1/4" lower than the other side and this is the actual cause that prevents it from opening (if I push up a bit at the same time when opening). I tried to look on the other side (where it works properly) at the rear hinge that slides through the track, but my guess is that this hinge has a sliding block underneath ? Therefore on the broken side this might be missing and causing it to sit lower?
    If anyone knows what part is involved into this issue please let me know.
    I've looked at a couple sunroof diagrams, but I couldn't picture what would be the part.

http://www.newgmparts.com/parts/2005...w=11&maxRow=10

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...String=sunroof

thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: 2005 srx sunroof/looking for part(s)

If memory serves, there are only 4 screws that hold the roof to the tracks. Maybe the rear one has come loose or fallen out. Open the roof and compare sides.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yes your roof is misaligned, open the roof to the point it is fully up. look all the way at the rear of the roof you will see the torx heads, most likely one has loosened, loosen both sides and make sure both are in the same position or I should say the bracket holding the glass, then tighten, close the roof and look to make sure there is no gap in the front where glass meets the rubber seal, if it is loosen the back and push the glass towards the front of the car. tighten again close and check,test drive for leaking air sound, if there is, then it needs adjusting again. you need a long stem torx head driver to reach in there with ease, and the glass has enough play you can work with.

the bolts that hold the sunroof are not loosen. I've already tried to readjust the back by loosening the bolts on both sides... but in the end the sunroof sits in the same position... driver's side/rear corner is lower like I said.
    I believe that these guides are broken on that side:

I will give it one more try and make an update.
    thanks
    Attached Images

I think that the problem has been solved. I took off the sunroof and then the faulty bracket. Upon inspection I found that one of the sliding blocks/guide shoes is broken; white caps shown in the above picture.
    thanks

Thanks for posting results, we need a lot more inputs from members on solutions after a thread is posted

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    This sounds just like the problem I am having , my sunroof will move up and then just stick on the roof panel before moving back. But if I push it up from the rear it will go the full way back without hitting anything.I only need push it a few mm's to get it to go past.

Was this an easy fix? Ie if I unbolt the sunroof can the sliding brackets be taken out easily to inspect.

Otherwise as we don't get that much sun in the UK , ,I'll just be leaving as is.

I will have to get a workshop manual soon I think.

Thanks in advance
    Marcus

Yes it a easy fix, better with 2 people but can be done with one with care, once loosened you go inside the car in the back seat lift little by little in the middle of the glass lifting towards the rear, once you get it to sit safely on the rear of the roof go out and with a step ladder lift the glass off.put some protection on the rear roof to protect from scratches, but better to have 2 people, then its just a matter of each lifting a side.

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for that , I'll order the parts first as this does seem a common problem from what I am reading , hopefully my son will still be around to help before he goes back to University.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.