Check engine light on/off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Check engine light on/off in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello Yes its me again! I am having this check engine light come on and off, comes on, make a ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Check engine light on/off

Hello
    Yes its me again! I am having this check engine light come on and off, comes on, make a appointment to check and the light goes off(after 3 days). Light comes on call to check with a scanner, sure enough, turn the car off and the light does not return, now the light is off for the 2nd day, When i lifted the car to check the previous work needed I looked at the ECM connections and all was tight.
    Everything is OK apart from my previous thread about the radiator and rust. All fluids are OK including transmission. AC is charged, alternator,battery Ok, engine temp ok. I looked at a lot of threads about this but they seem to have the light on long enough for a scan. We did do a scan with no light and the scan showed no codes.
    I read some threads this could be a timing chain issue? Car runs fine purrs like a kitten, screams when pedal to the metal.
    Any ideas?

Just to note I have been driving on some ruff cobble stone roads here in a Belgium town, some are so bad you have to drive real slow because of all the waves and bumps,this is usually the time the light comes on or after while back on smooth pavement.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    How did you check your transmission fluid there isn't a dipstick unless you checked it under the vehicle while running through the side of the transmission. Also doubt its taking chain related as those codes wouldn't go away at all.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Check engine light on/off

You need a scanner that will read history codes. If the MIL light was on, they are there.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Check engine light on/off

Yes we followed the directions to test the tranny fluid, but with no scanner. Ok so I guess this garage scanner cannot read history, but I did not ask, I think the best to do is use the stealership before we begin removing the rad and rusted lines to read codes.
    note:light goes off if I do a battery reset.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.