Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Helpon the road at garage need advice ASAP!

6K views 41 replies 7 participants last post by  orandaberg 
G
#1 ·

Is the main radiator suppose to look like this, need part number!

Hose lines need part number

bracket need part number
VIN 1GYEE63A370181467
07, 4,6L SRX:crybaby:

See less See more
G
#7 ·
I did not mount the fans this is a pic from looking at the car after removal of the plastic shield, I am at a garage on the way home, cannot continue, do not want to take the chance. So is the rad suppose to be square or convex at the bottom, the aux rad is square the main is convex at the bottom

#12 ·
I love you but your killing me!

I am thinking if the fans were mounted to the rad core they may be too heavy and bent the core down, the OEM fans are mounted to the frame.

If it has not failed then I would get it home and look more.

Now I see better, not sure I will look in the parts book and see if it should be roundish.

#14 ·
If it's the transmission cooler lines you're worried about, replace the rusty part with decent hydraulic rubber line and good clamps. There's no significant pressure involved. Then you can get home, and drive for many KMs more without worry.

G
#16 ·
Good to know guys as this is one part not available, maybe it only comes with the transmission rad. Now the question is... the main radiator, is it suppose to be convex at the bottom? If yes then all I need to do is relace the rusted section of the transmission line.
A note: Will I loose enough trans oil cutting the pipes that I need to top up the trans?

#17 ·
If you lose a quart, yes. I wouldn't worry about the radiator if it were mine.

G
#18 · (Edited)
Really why? I mean this is something really wrong if its suppose to be square. Looking at the parts manual it suppose to be square

----------

From Rippy Cadillac
They are straight when they are new but often they get a little bend to them over time
if it is not leaking then i wouldn't worry about it

#19 ·
I am unfamiliar with the parts book for these cars. I would not question the shape of your radiator based on the drawing in that parts book page that you linked to. It's a drawing, possibly based on a prototype. What would be more helpful would be if people with same year and engine SRX's took a look at the bottom of their radiator and confirmed what shape theirs was. Convex or rectangular.

G
#20 ·
Rippy Cadilac answered the question. I can continue the journey now an order a new one, but figure a way to support the radiator so it does not sag, as you saw my transmission rad. lines were rusted.This will be cut out and replaced with hydraulic hose, this was due to leaves and dirt packed into the bends, over time it corroded the cheap tubing material. I would recommend all to remove the plastic underside if they live in a rainy Autumn area an check for packing of dirt an leaves and have a look at the bend in their radiator.

G
#25 · (Edited)
New pics of repairs to come

Transmission oil cooler line

Power steering line leaking at hose crimp

Radiator leak bottom left corner and sagged over time (a brace will be welded to support the new rad)

New transmission lines and a bracket needed

New o-rings needed
If you live in a rainy Autumn area and have never removed your bottom plastic shield, I suggest you have a look and see if your lines are OK, its the foam padding on the plastic shield that absorbs water like a sponge and these rusted areas sit in moist foam. Will replace the foam with a nylon pad used to clean bugs off windshields, the pads are soft enough to cushion and will not hold water like foam OEM.
I guess I may as well replace the serpatine belts since all the front is off.

G
#26 ·
Hello¨
Since I am pulling out all the rads and I may as well change the belts, I was wondering is it worth it to replace the timing chain or all the chains. Car runs great, but would hate to drive a 1000 km and then get chain issues,car now has 82 000 km (50000 miles) I have been reading n here how the SRX has timing chain issues

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.