Helpon the road at garage need advice ASAP! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Helpon the road at garage need advice ASAP! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Good to know guys as this is one part not available, maybe it only comes with the transmission rad. Now ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Helpon the road at garage need advice ASAP!

Good to know guys as this is one part not available, maybe it only comes with the transmission rad. Now the question is... the main radiator, is it suppose to be convex at the bottom? If yes then all I need to do is relace the rusted section of the transmission line.
    A note: Will I loose enough trans oil cutting the pipes that I need to top up the trans?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

If you lose a quart, yes. I wouldn't worry about the radiator if it were mine.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Really why? I mean this is something really wrong if its suppose to be square. Looking at the parts manual it suppose to be square

----------

From Rippy Cadillac
    They are straight when they are new but often they get a little bend to them over time
    if it is not leaking then i wouldn't worry about it

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am unfamiliar with the parts book for these cars. I would not question the shape of your radiator based on the drawing in that parts book page that you linked to. It's a drawing, possibly based on a prototype. What would be more helpful would be if people with same year and engine SRX's took a look at the bottom of their radiator and confirmed what shape theirs was. Convex or rectangular.

Rippy Cadilac answered the question. I can continue the journey now an order a new one, but figure a way to support the radiator so it does not sag, as you saw my transmission rad. lines were rusted.This will be cut out and replaced with hydraulic hose, this was due to leaves and dirt packed into the bends, over time it corroded the cheap tubing material. I would recommend all to remove the plastic underside if they live in a rainy Autumn area an check for packing of dirt an leaves and have a look at the bend in their radiator.

Hello

Can I not delete this TOC? This is mainly for a towing package? The only thing I would tow is some furniture or trash.

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

This is a photo I posted several years ago. It's post #11. I was looking at the trans. oil cooler that's sandwiched between the radiator and ac condenser. Maybe you can tell something about the shape from this photo.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...kage-pics.html

Thanks

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Whiplash_89 and Whiplash_89 like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

New pics of repairs to come

Transmission oil cooler line

Power steering line leaking at hose crimp

Radiator leak bottom left corner and sagged over time (a brace will be welded to support the new rad)

New transmission lines and a bracket needed

New o-rings needed
    If you live in a rainy Autumn area and have never removed your bottom plastic shield, I suggest you have a look and see if your lines are OK, its the foam padding on the plastic shield that absorbs water like a sponge and these rusted areas sit in moist foam. Will replace the foam with a nylon pad used to clean bugs off windshields, the pads are soft enough to cushion and will not hold water like foam OEM.
    I guess I may as well replace the serpatine belts since all the front is off.

HelloĻ
    Since I am pulling out all the rads and I may as well change the belts, I was wondering is it worth it to replace the timing chain or all the chains. Car runs great, but would hate to drive a 1000 km and then get chain issues,car now has 82 000 km (50000 miles) I have been reading n here how the SRX has timing chain issues

bump, that was a question about the chains

I guess by the lack of replies no one would or it was a stupid question

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

I don't think V8 has problem with timing chain.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Sounds like the v6 only has timing chain issues if you neglect regular maintenance, don't check the oil periodically and let it get extremely low. So if you had the v6 it would depend on how diligent you kept up your maintenance schedule or if it had extremely high miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.