All codes OBD2 reader
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, All codes OBD2 reader in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi there not sure if this asked here before but after a quick search i didn't find the info i ...
    mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

All codes OBD2 reader

Hi there
    not sure if this asked here before but after a quick search i didn't find the info i was looking for,
    i need to find an obd2 scanner that gives me all the codes (b,c,u) not only the P ones, any suggestions ?

I wish GM didn't remove the internal one (F1-F6)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mr. Mohr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD Luxury Performance Package (Moonstone)

Re: All codes OBD2 reader

I bought a wireless Bluetooth OBDII scan tool off Amazon a few months ago. It works through "Torque" on android, and so for reads all the codes I've ran through it, you can clear them too. Works good so far and i think it was less than $20.

I have that as well, and the app, but it don't read all the codes only the "P" power train codes

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Any decent parts store will have one. Expect to pay~$200. Make sure it will also do history, pending and monitor. Try Advance (online), they're always offering discounts and have local store pick-up.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

name a brand? I have been to dozens of parts store in Europe with no luck and as many garages with some pretty impressive looking scanners (one sticks to mind where he dials in the car,presses some yes/no buttons, then attached to the machine is a key chain with about 50 chip keys. He inserts the chip and and again, this type found no codes, but when I asked if he could tell anything other then the engine he was lost and gave up.
    Been away on business so no time to take it to a Cadillac(GM) dealer,when I say GM I mean they sell chevys and not anything to do with caddys. I rote to Cadillac Europe directly to find the nearest Caddy dealer to me. They gave me a address. I had to go through about 6 emails to explain all I wanted was the DTC codes read, they replied they needed the vin number to order the correct oil filter, I told them that is not what I wanted and again told them about reading codes, so they sent a letter saying I can read the codes on the dashboard driver window and in the engine bay, and so it went on and on till no more replies. Car is still in Belgium till I get all my parts from Rockauto. But first I have to get this to maybe another Dealer in Brussels, but for what it will cost me in travel and costs,maybe I can find a reader at the roundabout same price. I have a feeling I will get my moneys worth.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VS890-OBDII-...-/251263019376

http://www.obd2-diagnostic.com/tags/...ble_codes.html

one that come to mind at a reasonable price is
    New Arrival CodeReader 8 CST OBDII EOBD Code Read Scanner CodeReader8, read the PDF file attached to the description on the webpage

Hi
    Any reason why I should not buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/VS890-OBDII-...-/251263019376

Specs certainly sound good. If it works.

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Hi
    Well I bought the item, bought it for asking price of 52 dollars, after shipping 59 dollars and customs taxes 55 dollars it came to a grand total of 166 dollars!!!!! the seller charged a original 46 dollars to deliver, but then he told me it would take 30 days, so I paid 12 dollars more for DHL, package arrived 28th at location in just two days from Hong Kong, its taking longer as it sits at DHL waiting for me to pay customs. No email notice or mail, I had to write to them asking how much, then they asked if I could come get it, right drive 2 hours to pick up a package you pay to be delivered to your door, and they do not even attempt to deliver until you pay the customs first. So now they take card info and tell me it will take up to 5-7 working days to deliver. Actually its cheaper to send it back take a loss in shipping and have my money returned. By the way this is in Belgium, DHL in Norway delivers to your door then sends a bill to you for customs fees. Al this for a unit that describes it will work but taking a big chance it even turns on! (chance you take buying Ebay)
    However with no one to supply a scanner for a GM, and starting prices at 350 dollars and up (special order so again waiting time) and the fact I would have paid GM Brussels more to read the codes I thought it worth the gamble. I miss the convenience state side.

Well this is a bute, I paid one price for the DHL shipping from the seller. DHL on the customs papers is showing a charge 6x higher then I paid the seller, I am paying the customs fees on the shipping,( oh and lets not forget DHL administration fees!) not the product as it just met the limit off 22 euros before paying import fees.

Ok now the mud is clearing, the shipper never put the shipping cost on the way letter (thought DHL could do that) but since it was not on the shipping document Belgium estimated how much it would cost to ship from Hong Kong to Belgium, then they estimated how much it would be to send it from DHL to me, then taxed me according to their estimates. DHL will not tell customs what I paid in shipping. DHL says the tax gets paid either by me or the seller. so may as well fork it out and just hope the f----kin thing works. Oh I am paying the tax on the product as it was .60 cents over the limit, using the current exchange rate not the rate when I bought it.

Ain't government wonderful, and all for our benefit.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Yes, a couple of reasons:
    1. it will not work with ABS, SRS (Airbag systems) and Stabilitrak
    2. not clear if it can clear/delete codes
    3. it's made in China

If you just want to read engine codes then it should be fine.

Functions:
    1. Read DTCs
    2. Clear DTCs
    3. Data stream
    4. Freeze Frame
    5. I/M Readiness
    6. O2 Monitor Test
    7. On-Board Mon. Test
    8. Component Test
    9. Vehicle Info.
    10. Modules Present
    11. Unit of Measure
    12. State Emission
    13. Read All DTCs
    14. Read Stored DTCs
    15. Read Pending DTCs
    16. Detailed help information
    17. Capable of showing probable cause of a DTCs.
    18. Up to 161 data items, each of them is with online help information.
    19. Reset engine MIL
    20. This operation will erase all DTCs, freeze frame Data, oxygen sensor data, and reset IM Monitors and MIL.

Next time tha pesty MIL comes on I should be able to read why.

@orandaberg, all the functions you listed here are part of the "P" codes, not the ABS, SRS and Stabilitrak or others (what i'm looking for),
    I'm sorry you had to go through all that to get the reader, hope it serve you well.

DTC includes generic (P0, P2, P3, B0, U0 and C0) & manufacturer specific (P1, P3, B1,B2 ,U1 and C1,C2,) codes. This should be more then enough for your average DIY. Like you mentioned your looking for ABS and SRS ansd Stabilitrack, thanks for the thought

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Quote Originally Posted by mjcaddy View Post
    I wish GM didn't remove the internal one (F1-F6)
    What does that mean did Caddy's have an internal Diagnostic mode? So you didn't need a scanner to pull codes? Please explain.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.