siren in rear when battery low?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, siren in rear when battery low? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello I have had 2 batteries, one the dealer replaced when he sold me the car, the second I bought ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

siren in rear when battery low?

Hello
    I have had 2 batteries, one the dealer replaced when he sold me the car, the second I bought because it would not hold a load. I have tested for battery drain, I do show some drainage, removed radio fuse, the same, removed connections to my radar and rear headrest DVD, sane drain, removed every fuse under the hood same drain, the battery will only last 5 days without a charge. So every time I leave the car over 3 days I keep a trickle charger, or remove the ground if I leave at the airport.

I was wondering what is the siren noise in the rear of the car when the battery is low and needs a charge? Hook up the charger and a siren goes on at the right rear, sort of like a break in alarm, it also looks like the battery only lets itself get to a point of drainage where it stops draining the battery. If I hook up a charger it takes an hr and the car is good to go for daily driving. As long as the car is driven everyday or before3-5 days are up it starts fine. Any ideas. Seems to be a problem with every SRX I wanted to test drive, they always had to re charge the battery before I could drive it (5 cars tested).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: siren in rear when battery low?

Nobody has heard this sound?

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

You sub woofer is back there, is it possible that the amp is powering it all the time for some reason?

You installed a bunch of aftermarket stuff in a very short time so it could be anything, the way the car talks to other parts of the car means that two unrelated things could cause issues that don't make any sense. Not saying its an aftermarket item but im just saying.

Thanks
    I will have to pull the fuses in the back, but what a hassel to remove trim panels! How about that siren going off when charging the battery, is that some kind of alarm that goes off when the battery is at a level is going to be to weak?

I think you missed what I was saying.

Stuff in the back may be powered by stuff in the front, so Im not saying pull fuses, find out what is making the noise first like the sub.

I don't know of any alarm for battery level.

AHHH SOOOO ok. So next time I run into this I should pull the radio fuse, would that be enough to stop power to the sub wof in the back. The sound is coming from the right rear panel, the sound lasts for about 5 mins before going off on its own when charging

I think the amp fuse is for the amp.

You could also try pulling the plug on the sub and do it that way, easy to get at from the back.

JayT F1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had a Power Capacitor wired in with a Sub woofer in another car. Whenever there was loss of power from the battery, the Cap would alarm on 'low voltage' until in either a) ran out of power b) was re-charged from the cars 12v supply

Do you have some sort of Cap or auxiliary power to your amplifier / sub?

Not that I know of, its OEM, the sound is similar to a cars alarm when you tamper with it, not a honking horn, just a high pitch whistle sound

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.