Right hand turn signal activates high beams
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Right hand turn signal activates high beams in Cadillac SRX Forums; When I use my right turn signal my high beams will sometimes activate. It won't do it all the time. ...
    rdgfx3 Guest

Right hand turn signal activates high beams

When I use my right turn signal my high beams will sometimes activate. It won't do it all the time. The stalk is fairly priced ( Rock Auto_2006 CADILLAC SRX 3.6L V6 : Electrical-Switch & Relay : Multi-Function Switch __$47.89 ) Has anyone else had their bright lights come on when using their signal? I'd like to try to repair the stalk first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Re: Right hand turn signal activates high beams

I can't say I have heard of this, but it sounds like there is a short somewhere. This does not have to be in the stalk, it could be near the lights themselves or simply two wires rubbing together. I would start with the easy stuff first.

JayTF1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Is it possible you're pushing the stalk forward when trying to turn right? This will momentarily pulse the high beams.

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004

Mine is doing exactly the same thing. Sometimes I can play with the handle by lightly pulling towards the steering wheel and the high beams go off but usually I just turn it off and then back on paying attention to not pushing it forward or backward but just to the side. Definitely a worn turn signal stalk. Just not high on my priorities just yet. Mine is 2004 V8 RWD 170,000 miles and runs great.

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

I will go thru periods of workign perfectly fine, and then out of the blue either the left turn signal (most often) or both don't work. Soon as I turn the corner, they're fine.

rdgfx3 Guest

I use my blinkers religiously when changing lanes and such. I have been bright lighting the people in front of me lately and I figure I'll accidently light up the wrong person soon. I'll take it apart and have a look soon.

bwilkins750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): future srx owner

Replace the stalk. easy switch to do. My wifes 06 SRX done this when we bought it in 2011. I switched the stalk out and have not had any problems since.

I read somewhere that the pins can wear down and cause contact or not contact and it causes this problem

kilrcady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 srx 1977 coupe deville

I have the same problem. bought the stalk and haven't had time to change it yet,I'm tired of some of you guys saying that its accidental its a common problem also with the terrain.what needs to come off to get it out?\

rdgfx3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kilrcady View Post
    I have the same problem. bought the stalk and haven't had time to change it yet,I'm tired of some of you guys saying that its accidental its a common problem also with the terrain.what needs to come off to get it out?\
    Accidental, lol.

Anyway...I bought a new stalk and installed it. Easy.

Disable the SIR system. (Psst. remove the fuse.)
    Remove the upper and lower trim covers.(Two of those star shaped screws on the bottom. The top and bottom half just snap apart)
    Tilt the column to the CENTER position.
    Disconnect the connectors from the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly.
    Remove 2 pan head tapping screws from the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly.(The bottom one is difficult to remove because the steering wheel is in the way. Find a way to remove the screw or remove the steering wheel for easier removal of that one screw. There was no way I was removing the steering wheel so I found a way to remove the screw. No problem.

Remove the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly

Plug the connectors back in, Put the screws back in. Screw the bottom half of the trim cover on with the two screws and snap the top half on to the lower half. Done.

thank you sir.I will attempt this weekend if my wife stops driving the car.

not true. the ing swich prevents bottom cover from coming off and there is a invsible clip the cant be accessed till the bottom cover is removed. just broke mine.lol

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Yup mine started doing the high beams on the right blinker a week ago. I ordered the new multi function switch which at Autozone isn't bad for $47 I was expecting way higher. Mine went out at 101k

starnesbl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, Concours

do you have a part # for the switch? I keep pricing it at $98.00

----------

never mind; I found one.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Mine has been doing the same thing with the right signal periodically for the past few weeks and only when the lights are on. I bought the turn signal switch from Autozone just haven't had time to put it in and I barely drive it anyway.

cadillacBLK06 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

i am having the same problem. i have a 2006 Cadillac cts 3.6L

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.