SRX 3rd row: Trade for storage system?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX 3rd row: Trade for storage system? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2008 SRX with black interior and the storage system. Anyone interested in a swap for the 3rd ...
    svtjones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

SRX 3rd row: Trade for storage system?

I have a 2008 SRX with black interior and the storage system. Anyone interested in a swap for the 3rd row? I know a lot of people have said on here that they would much rather have the storage, and it is very nice, but I need the third row to accomidate children. I am in the Cincinnati, OH area but would be willing to travel some distance to pick it up.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Re: SRX 3rd row: Trade for storage system?

I don't use my 3rd row, and i was thinking of changing it for storage but i heard it's not possible because there are some kind of sensor that will keep beeping if the seats are not in the correct position or something like that.
    not sure if that is true or not.

My research has all been from this form. Here are a couple links that describe the install.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-install.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...at-issues.html

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    The parking assist will go crazy due to seat position trust me I posted about it a few weeks ago lol

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Quote Originally Posted by svtjones View Post
    My research has all been from this form. Here are a couple links that describe the install.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-install.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...at-issues.html
    Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    The parking assist will go crazy due to seat position trust me I posted about it a few weeks ago lol
    Because of that issue i didn't remove mine, I think your best bet is to get these seats from a junk yard or parts store etc. since it will take a lot to do for people who have a 3rd to exchange it with the storage.

Mr. Mohr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD Luxury Performance Package (Moonstone)

I swapped my storage for the 3rd row. Not hard at all. I picked up the seat, belts, and panels for $200 from a yard. Everything bolted right up and plugs in, its just 3 bolts in the back of the seat frame, the PITA is swapping the panels and seatbelts. Still, the whole thing only took about 2 hours. Probably could have gone faster if I had readover one of the write ups so I knew exactly what to expect. My parking assist seems to work fine.
    And if you have 3rd row, and want the storage, it would be VERY easy to swap just the seat for the storage and keep the belts and panel for when you might want the seat or sell it with both.

Mr.Mohr - Thanks for your reply!

I did the same, got everything from a junk yard, though they charged me $350. Bolted right in with the three bolts that secure the storage (seat belts were trickier like you mentioned, especially drivers side!).

However, I have haven't been able to get the power working. I am able to plug the main connection from the bottom of the seat, but I don't see any where on the seat or in the car's wiring where the switches would plug in.

Have you gotten that working? Do you have a photo or location for the wiring/port?

Thanks

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Install the fuse into the fuse block.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.