Bumper Tow Bolt
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Bumper Tow Bolt in Cadillac SRX Forums; Picking up a 2008 SRX V6 tomorrow. On both the front and rear bumper is a square cover that when ...
    REDSRXTX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Bumper Tow Bolt

Picking up a 2008 SRX V6 tomorrow. On both the front and rear bumper is a square cover that when removed exposes a threaded fitting which I have been told is for a tow bolt. Where is the tow bolt stored on the car? Thaks in advance fo ryour help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    in my 04 it was always in the storage bins underneath the windows in the trunk. Not sure if that changed with the interior redesign

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: Bumper Tow Bolt

I think in 08 they started to not come with car you had to purchase it at dealer.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Yes... I believe with the 07 Models, they stopped leaving the tow bolts for the end user.

Many 4x4 shops will have them.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Your friendly tow operator has one.

shwtibby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD V-6

I began a thread on this a while ago (my '08 has a front and back cover, but only the rear has a threaded fitting behind it!). I think the general consensus at the time was that the main purpose of these fittings were that they were to be used as tie-downs for SRX's being shipped overseas on a ship. Most responders questioned the structural integrity of our SRX bumpers to use the tow point/bolt for anything more than getting pulled out of a fairly level situation where you're stuck. It's not to be used for towing substantial distances or pulling the vehicle out of a situation that would put alot of stress on the bumper - use with significant caution or it might do alot of damage to your bumper and the support brackets.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.