Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I don't care about looks, what are the most USEFUL first generation mods I can do? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Basically, it can look as stock as the day I bought it. I don't care about any aesthetic enhancements. However, ...
I don't care about looks, what are the most USEFUL first generation mods I can do?
Basically, it can look as stock as the day I bought it. I don't care about any aesthetic enhancements. However, coming from a Mazda Protege 5, I feel like almost everything is already enhanced. On that car, there were all kinds of mods to get 5-20 extra hp, or have the fog lights ALWAYS stay on or auto come on with the main headlights (which would be nice), or any number of mods that just made the car more usable Are there any for this Cadillac? (2004 SRX with the V8) Some off the top of my head would include:
1. When main lights are on (high or low beam), fog lights are on automatically.
2. Seat heaters remember preference from key fob. I feel like this works sometimes but I may be imagining.
3. Ability to switch the stock in dash head unit to AUX without reaching back and flipping up the screen, turning it on, and going to AUX. (stock, non-Navigation version)
4. Reset any of the codes on my own. (Currently have "change oil" and "low coolant" even though I just got it changed and checked and it's good for both.)
5. Fix my pedals w/out going to a dealership. They always get stuck in the farthest down position. Like once every other month and there's no fix that I know of that I can do on my own. We have a very tall and very short person driving this every day too.
6. Add to the list ________________
Some of these may be answered already, but I thought I'd like to get a mega-thread to have all the FUNCTIONAL mods/fixes we can do.