Newbie with a few questions. :)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Newbie with a few questions. :) in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am the very proud owner of my first cadillac. I just bought a 2005 srx awd with 75k miles. ...
    cuffs9999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 srx

Newbie with a few questions. :)

I am the very proud owner of my first cadillac. I just bought a 2005 srx awd with 75k miles. The car is pretty loaded and drives like a dream. But there are a few things that it didn't come with that I would love to add I would love to add the Rse option. I can pick one up fairly cheap my question is is the wiring harness already in place to hook up the Rse if the car didn't come with it. I would also love to add heated leather seats. My seats are loaded minus the heate swapping the heat control panel to the heated seat one is fairly cheap. But is the wiring for it behind the current console. On some other cars I've had if the car didn't come with the option the wiring was still there. Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Newbie with a few questions. :)

The seat heater module would be under the driver's seat, so if an unused 4 wire connector was there you may be able to add the heated seat. If you find such connector, get back and we'll get further into it. The remote start, not so much.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

cuffs,

couldn't send you a PM in reply to the one you sent yesterday
    new forum members have limited PM abilities (kind of like a trial period)
    just shoot me an email (contact info in my signature below my posts)
    and i'll send you back some PDFs with the info I can gather on that VIN you sent

cheers,
    chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Thank you for your responses so here is something funny. I have no controls for heated seats on my climate control panel. No buttons anywhere on the seats. This morning I remote started my car and when I got in my seats were warm. On the climate display it showed two heated seat icons. Very strange. I have no controls for these. Anybody know anything abt this?

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Not sure if this helps, but all heated seat controls in my 2008 are located in the door armrest (driver and passenger).

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Cuffs999, I'm happy to see forum members chiming in with the DIY advice you're seeking! If you ever would like me to research SRX questions or provide you with your build sheet, please let me know. I'm happy to help where I can and am reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

05' is supposed to have the buttons in the center console. One for driver and one for passenger.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Must be aftermarket remote start? Maybe they added aftermarket heated seats at the same time? Possibly with the aftermarket seat heaters they did not install any interior controls or you just haven't found them yet? Since no 2005 SRX's came from the factory with remote start/climate control, either it is not a 2005 car or it's an aftermarket fob/install. You're saying the display on your dash had two heated seats icons? Maybe you're just not recognizing the controls.

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by TimRSRX777
    Must be aftermarket remote start? Maybe they added aftermarket heated seats at the same time? Possibly with the aftermarket seat heaters they did not install any interior controls or you just haven't found them yet? Since no 2005 SRX's came from the factory with remote start/climate control, either it is not a 2005 car or it's an aftermarket fob/install. You're saying the display on your dash had two heated seats icons? Maybe you're just not recognizing the controls.
    Aftermarket remote start on my 04 was a nightmare, the shop didn't even want to do it.

As for the heated seat controls, on the original interior, which was eventually changed in 07 or 08, the original heated seat controls were towards were with the other hvac controls towards the bottom where the center stack met the center console

----------

Quote Originally Posted by cuffs9999
    Thank you for your responses so here is something funny. I have no controls for heated seats on my climate control panel. No buttons anywhere on the seats. This morning I remote started my car and when I got in my seats were warm. On the climate display it showed two heated seat icons. Very strange. I have no controls for these. Anybody know anything abt this?
    You would definitely see the buttons, on the left and right sides of the hvac controls and when pressed on the little LCD screen for the hvac it would give you the icon saying hi or low.

im starting to think they have to be after market seats...there are absolutely no controls for the heated seats..anywhere....they have only turned on that one time...sadly lol...its cold here...and when they were on, there was clearly a heated seat icon on the top left and top right of the climate control icon screen. i just found out today that is has the ultra start 1272 remote start with alarm....im not sure if they installed aftermarket heated seats at the same time...is there any other way to tell if seats are heated or not..? and how would they hook that into the climate control screen? im tempted to order a climate control unit that has the heated seat switches from ebay and installing that---hoping that the wire hook ups are already there.....i can account for every single rpo number and none are the heated seat options...

Where did you see the heated seat light icons? On the dash? or do you mean on the remote fob?

i saw the heated seat icons on the climate control panel...on the same screen as the temperature, auto, fan speed, etc.....top left and right corners...

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Oh there is more to this than meets the eye.

Sounds like possibly, if the controls are actually not there, that the center stack lower facia has been replaced from a unit that didn't have heated seats? maybe you need to revert that panel back to one with controls.

I'm thinking you are right. The climate control panel definitely has no buttons for the seats. I've seen them on eBay for thirty bucks or so. Are the seat covers different when the seats are heated? Maybe non heated is smooth leather and heated is perforated. My seats have perforations on the bottom and on the upper seat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.