Help Me Fellow SRX's - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Help Me Fellow SRX's in Cadillac SRX Forums; Pass on it- no heated steering wheel....
    glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Help Me Fellow SRX's

Pass on it- no heated steering wheel.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I buy pre-owned consistently. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. But you guys are braver than I am. Beauty is only skin deep, as much as I like the color and the apparent condition of this one. Call me nitpicky, but this is a $25,000 purchase we are talking about. The risk here to get a Northstar is too rich for my blood.

In a pre-owned deal, I would feel uncomfortable not having my hands on the dealership that sold me the car if/when something goes South post purchase. Uncomfortable not having the pre-purchase opportunity to have my trusted local mechanic check the vehicle out. Factory warranty situation (remaining) or GM warranty extension options? Didn't see info on CPO from the Mercedes dealership in the descriptive either which I would have expected in a vehicle like this; there is a valid reason the dealership did not designate this vehicle CPO after taking it in. Plus the airfare from Detroit to Omaha and back is a sunk cost (about a 1,500 mile round trip drive).

I could however understand how B4Z could make his trip because he was buying a brand new 2009, a clean slate deal with no downsides.

The odometer mileage is fairly reasonable (lower) though @ 47K. And the $25K price tag is reasonable too. Looks like it has the Sport package in the pictures (fascias and billeted grills), third row seating, and the UltraView roof (plusses in my mind). Has AWD I would want living in Michigan, where Weseley lives. NAV (Wesley mentioned on his punch list) unclear in descriptive, listed in "options" but not the key features highlights which I find strange......but dealerships sometimes don't do a good job accurately listing in their adds what the vehicle has. Towing package for the hookups and trans/coolant coolers not mentioned anywhere.

As much as I have been and still am enamored with the FirstGen SRX (looks like nothing else on the road) and a Northstar (the fun factor which is important to me), I don't like the risk versus the opportunity here......but it certainly does look tempting.

PJ

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

How about this CPO in Otumwa, Iowa: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Bill

Maybe I am out of touch..... but $28,000 for a 4.5 model year old CPO SRX with 31,000 miles sounds a little steep, even a loaded one. No? Maybe the dealer knows how rare a 2008 GenI Srx with the N* and low mileage might be worth to some knucklehead like me. At least Iowa is closer to Michigan than Nebraska.

PJ

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    How about this CPO in Otumwa, Iowa: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Bill
    Even nicer!!! I like it and don't think the price is unreasonable for the miles and rarity of the car.

Paying a premium for a low mileage 4.5 model year old SRX, albeit rare among the 100,000 or so that were built (including the V6s), is not for me either. Since it is not a classic collectable and will be the wife's daily driver, it will join the rest of ours and will be worth maybe $10K in 4-5 years. Opinions on this may vary.

PJ

wrupert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX N* AWD, 2009 SRX N* AWD, 1986 Buick Grand National

I think we found her. I have a friend at a local dealership that is bringing me a 2009 N* loaded with all options (but dvd entertainment system) all other options. 92000 (a little high for a 2009) but one owner and super clean. I will take it to my shop after they do there inspection. Hopefully all is good, like the Blackberry exterior , best part is if it is not all they say it is, do not have to buy it, they will sell it on thier lot as in the search they have learned how hard it is to find a 09 with all the options I wanted. Will keep all posted, and maybe have to jump on that one in Iowa if this is not the Gem they say it is and what I seen in the very detailed pictures. Best part, only 18,750 price tag to me. I think that is fair.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

This dealer picked the car up from another dealer. Most likely to have a low mileage cream puff on the lot to drive traffic. As the days and weeks go by, he will want to move it. What you have to know is that salesmen have to move inventory or the dealership will move them. High wholesale book is under $21k. As the end of the month comes and reality about this months sales sets in he will be hungry for more. I would come in on the 28th of the month check it out and offer $22k and grudgingly come up to a max of $24k, if it's worth it. All the while bringing up all the problems that we see here on the forum and counter the CPO argument with Professor Wizzard's car problems.

What ever you do, don't let him know you are from out of the area.

Bill

wrupert.......hope you scored.

PJ

wrupert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX N* AWD, 2009 SRX N* AWD, 1986 Buick Grand National

PJ, I scored! Have had it a couple days now and Wife is happy, and I am really happy!
    Ludacrisvp and Ludacrisvp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wrupert View Post
    PJ, I scored! Have had it a couple days now and Wife is happy, and I am really happy!
    Wesley.......congratulations!!!! I hope your wife is still ok after the collision.

This find was a stroke of extreme luck and fortunate timing based on the N* extreme rarity for2009, finding one this close to home, and finding it so quickly! I did say it was a nearly impossible task. The mileage versus age would seem to indicate that the miles on your SRX were easy ones, highway ones.

This one fell right into your lap. Enjoy!!!!!!!

PJ
    wrupert and wrupert like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.