I drove SRX today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I drove SRX today in Cadillac SRX Forums; Great Ride. Noticeable power increase from my SLS. Interior was nice in quality if not in design. Car handled considerably ...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

I drove SRX today

Great Ride. Noticeable power increase from my SLS. Interior was nice in quality if not in design. Car handled considerably better than my SLS and this SRX didnt have Magnetic Ride control. There was a buzzing vibration throughout the test drive coming from the windshield, the salesman was sweating pretty heavy about it. When we got out it was a piece of loose tape at the top of the windshield, he made me drive it again to prove that was the noise. Things I didnt like. No power tilt/telescoping wheel available. better wheel choices, maybe something like a sport package with 19's and some different trim. Third row seat is a joke, dont even bother. Other than that I liked it alot, in a few short weeks Ill finally make my decision. I had at one point put a deposit on an '04 X5, but i got that back when the guy wouldnt agree to sell at MSRP(weird), but the choice is still down to SRX-8 vs. X5 4.4i.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: I drove SRX today

Damn Brett, I though the X5 was a done deal? The SRX IS a pretty nice vehicle though. I haven't actually been in one yet so I can't say for sure but I am still LOVIN' the Aviator. Did you ever drive one of them? The 4.6 w/5speed trans pulls pretty good once it's off the line (same as the Marauder), and the third row seat actually is pretty roomy.

the aviator i drove handled to truck-like. whereas, the X5 and SRX both handle like sedans. Of course, you might ask if I want sedan handling why dont I buy a sedan and to be honest I havent figured that one out yet. The HUGE sunroof on the SRX is a pretty big selling point with my wife, and considering she's gonna still be driving her 3 yr old Alero for a while, and the SRX is more than double the price of her car, it would be good to have her on board with whatever I buy.

One thing I want to add is that pictures do not do this car justice. I saw it on speed tv over the weekend and thought it looked horribly blocky and like a delivery van, but seeing it again in person reminded me how well all the lines come together on this one

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I caught a rare glimpse of an SRX back on july 4th cruising down a back road opposite my direction....black and very beautiful. The SRX is a stand out.

To be honest, I think the SRX is the best version of the old "Art & Science" theme. The lines work on it. Seeing it in real life at the NY Auto show was reassuring as well. Sharp car.
    As for the Aviator, did the one you drove have the stability control package? Mine has it and I'll tell you it reminds me of all the articles I read about the Caddys with Stabili-Trac. You can throw it into turns like a car and it seems to react very neutral and smooth. Bearing in mind what you said though, I can't wait to drive one (the SRX).

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    As for the Aviator, did the one you drove have the stability control package?
    Im not sure about that. It just didnt feel right to me for some reason. I'm not knocking your ride, it just wasn't what I was looking for and I'm not really sure why.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Im not sure about that. It just didnt feel right to me for some reason. I'm not knocking your ride, it just wasn't what I was looking for and I'm not really sure why.
    Thats because you are a CADILLAC MAN. !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Brett, I'm not taking any offense. I'm just surprised, that's all. I was quite impressed with the Aviator's mix of ride quality and handling. The stability control system SHOULD be able to make a big difference. I've read a lot about cars with similar systems and everyone usually has rave reviews concerning what the systems do for the characteristics of the vehicles they install them in (referring to the same vehicle with/without the system installed). I respect your opinion on this and that's why I said that now I'm very interested in driving the SRX.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Well, I just hope you'll find the SRX better altogether.. I like the looks of it over the Aviator.. What's the difference in price against the BMW?
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

the BMW equpped how i want it is $58,845 and the SRX is $55,940. They both have a few options that the other doesn't, its become a very tough decision.

Whatever happened to the FX45? I forget, did you ever drive it?

I didnt fit in it very well, cool car though, very fast for what it is. Just not enough room.

Yeah, that COULD be an issue huh?

Went back today to take another look at the SRX, and the salesman remarked on how hes had a bunch of old ladies look at it today. Note to sales people, DO NOT say this to a 29yr old male that wants to spend near 60k at your dealership. I know this sounds stupid but it really turned me off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.