I drove SRX today - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I drove SRX today in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Brett Went back today to take another look at the SRX, and the salesman remarked on how ...
    AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

Re: I drove SRX today

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Went back today to take another look at the SRX, and the salesman remarked on how hes had a bunch of old ladies look at it today. Note to sales people, DO NOT say this to a 29yr old male that wants to spend near 60k at your dealership. I know this sounds stupid but it really turned me off.
    Aw man don't let that get to you. No one my age would buy caddies if they let that get to them.

Be an early adopter and get one! Everyone would be doing double takes at you because you have an awesome ride and plus you'd be able to recline the seats and look out the gaping moonroof at night....pimp brett pimp.

Cuhulin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Went back today to take another look at the SRX, and the salesman remarked on how hes had a bunch of old ladies look at it today. Note to sales people, DO NOT say this to a 29yr old male that wants to spend near 60k at your dealership. I know this sounds stupid but it really turned me off.
    My suggestion is to not let your tastes be changed by either (1) car salesmen, or (2) the interest of other people in the car you drive.

When I was 29 -- and I hate to admit that this was a while ago -- I test-drove a high performance Mustang. As I went around one corner and accelerated from 0-60 mph at a considerable pace, the salesman commented that I would not get very good gas mileage that way. (Doh!)
    They just do not reflect you. Only you can do that!

A few years later, I bought the first of two Lincoln Mark VIII's that I drove. Every other driver I saw in one was at least 20 years older than I was, but those were still the best cars I have ever owned, even if the other owners were old-folks.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Well I went back and drove the SRX and X5 back to back. And I'm going with the X5. Its just more sporty than the SRX. Whats funny is the BMW guy who originally wouldnt agree to MSRP now is offering 1500 off. I did get to drive the fully optioned SRX 1SC and it was pretty cool, Nav, Ultraview, more wood trim, but it still wasnt enough. The X5 really fit me better as well, which is a large consideration for me.

CADDYDEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS AWD/00 STS

Smile

Well i took my ETC in for service tuesday morning, Oct 7th.So I asked for the keys to the White S R X. I took it for a spin and showed it to a couple of Lexus RX 300 owners. IT had the 260 hp engine. Pretty good kick,for a V-6.I would say they were really speechless.Checking it out big time.The comments were, feels more of a solid sports car feel,not floatie at all , wonderfull response for a V-6. Sunroof Wow! The look is a natural. BUT, the S R X when compared to the Infinity,and the X-5, it does have that sexy appeal to go head to head.Cadillac is trying to turn the the corner with this one.

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    Cool! I didn't realize the V6 was already available - I thought the delay was going to be longer. All of the reviews I've seen so far are *very* positive.

So, the V6 was pretty strong, eh? Breakthrough! (like the Cadillac commercials say).

casady-football is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ladies Ladies Ladies the srx is the man of the caddies. In order to really know it u need the v-8. My dad and I got it 0-60 in a short amount of time. We are officially buying it, Nav the 2 sunroofs. Magni suspension. AWD. V-8.Bose audio.cd all the pimp stuff that should be in it. Yeah I will agree that the first time I saw the srx I was disliking it. But once u get to know it you think its pretty tight. SPeaking of it Right now thier is a commerciall for it. SRX

It didnt quite do it for me, i ended up buying an '04 LS430. Im thinking the SRX-6 will be perfect for my wife though, probably mid summer next year

Unhappy

WWHHYY

Quote Originally Posted by the Sandman
    Cool! I didn't realize the V6 was already available - I thought the delay was going to be longer. All of the reviews I've seen so far are *very* positive.

So, the V6 was pretty strong, eh? Breakthrough! (like the Cadillac commercials say).
    Yes, The V-6 is the same engine that is offered in the CTS.
    I felt that was sufficent.But the Northstar is a whole different animal, and ten grand more.

yeah and ten grand better. My dad and I wanted to do some engine after parts, Like a supercharger. Most likely not made for the srx, Or headers which I think would be possible and some exhaust im sure some exhuats will be made for it.

Quote Originally Posted by casady-football
    yeah and ten grand better. My dad and I wanted to do some engine after parts, Like a supercharger. Most likely not made for the srx, Or headers which I think would be possible and some exhaust im sure some exhuats will be made for it.
    I believe Corsa Performance is working on developing a system in the very near future.

Like as in superchargers. Becuase if anything thats the first thing ill get, Then headers and exhuast. And I want a new grill and hood the stock ones are nnnaasty.

Quote Originally Posted by casady-football
    And I want a new grill and hood the stock ones are nnnaasty.
    I can understand the grille, i think it needs to be painted body color. But what would you do with the hood?

Its well just a POS. Its thin fiberglass. And Like just make it anything look cool. I like cool hoods. It doesnt make me feel so insecure Lol

Good Luck, anything other than stock I think would be a mistake. But hey its america right. Either way I doubt you will see any aftermarket hoods for the SRX very soon anyway, if ever.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.