06 3.6 srx horrible gas mileage
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 06 3.6 srx horrible gas mileage in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have 95k miles and on a 400 mile roadtrip i could only pull 18.4 mpg. Not acceptable. Driving 70mph ...
    repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

06 3.6 srx horrible gas mileage

I have 95k miles and on a 400 mile roadtrip i could only pull 18.4 mpg. Not acceptable. Driving 70mph on average. Any suggestions fresh plugs coils and fuel filter. Using 93 octane. And ive already flushed the intake system i have an intake system and did the pcv mod.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Re: 06 3.6 srx horrible gas mileage

With the winter blend fuel right now my 09 is only getting about that too. During the summer I get ~20 or so. Also, I don't think you need to put 93 octane in it either.

Yeah it only needs 87 or 89 just wanted to try and the octane makes no difference in mileage. But even in the texas summer i was pulling barely 1mpg more on the highway.

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

These engines are not very fuel efficient. If you got to www.fueleconomy.gov and look up a 09 SRX you are not that far off from what others have been reporting.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Power...WD&srchtyp=ymm

That being said, I recently had a 13 SRX as a loaner and it really didn't do much better. I was getting about 22mpg with that.

Its just crazy that some of the n* guys are getting low to mid 20's and im lucky to even see 20. Oh well lol

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

18 mpg is definitely low for highway driving at 70 mph. Some non-vehicular factors may contribute to this: wind direction and speed and hills. If driving into a strong headwind, mileage drops like a rock. Also, check the elevation for your origin and destination and see how the two compare. The latter would cause really good mileage going one way and terrible going the other.

Yeah it was a trail wind behind us due to a cold front coming through texas and it is a constant decrease in elevation coming from austin texas to extreme southern louisiana. Only had my wife and daughter and 2 suitcases. Tire pressure was good too. Cant figure it out and i wasnt driving aggressively either.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

wasnt driving aggressively either.
    Maybe that's your problem.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Stillrollin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD V-6

These things are about as aerodynamic as a barn door heading into a wind. I think the reason
    we aren't reaping the benefits of a lower powered (high) mpg V6 is that the weight of these vehicles
    are just too much for it and the V8 would likely do just as well since you would be spending more time in the peak torque
    engine speed in order to maintain the 70 mph.
    My former '07 Trailblazer SS with the 6.0 liter V8 and AWD could average 19 on the highway in winter driving was seldom in anything
    lower than overdrive. It was only around 100 pounds heavier than my SRX.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Keep in mind when doing mods, more air in means more fuel has to be added but more power made so find the balance.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

I noticed on these vehicles motor oil level and grade can also make a huge difference in mileage.

That makes sense about the lower power. Also im using 93 octane and mobil 1 5w30 oil. Ive already seafoamed the induction way several times and use fuel treatments periodically. Just hard to believe my 400hp caprice on 24's gets better mileage and it has 3.73 gears lol

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

What fuel does the ECU think your using?

Good question i have no idea i know these only need 87. But i was getting 21-22 hwy but its dropping.

So from the trip back with less luggage and bodies i managed 17.4 at 70 mph. This is ridiculous not to mention the power steering pump started making a horrible noise on the this morning on the way back. Whoot whoot more money lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.