Radio amplifier issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By glake89
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Radio amplifier issue in Cadillac SRX Forums; About a week ago I posted a problem involving my 06 SRX radio having intermittent volume problems along with a ...
    jalexand61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUXIII - 2006 SRX AWD

Radio amplifier issue

About a week ago I posted a problem involving my 06 SRX radio having intermittent volume problems along with a problem with my turn signal.
    I had thought they were related as my wife had indicated that both seemed to work or not work at the same time. In order to confirm this, today
    I replaced the turn bulb and it is now working, so the two problems were not related. What I have now is a situation where the radio has no volume
    bujt otherwise seems to be functioning, ie readout on front of radio is normal, indicating stations, etc., but there is just no volume. I have checked the
    amp fuse located in the rear passenger compartment fuse block and it is fine. Any other suggestions before I drag this thing to a repair shop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: Radio amplifier issue

More than one AMP fuse?

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    More than one AMP fuse?
    I could only find one fuse listed in the OM related to the amp. However, the fact that the radio amp was intermittent for a while suggests it is not a fuse issue anyway. More likely a loose connection or short somewhere?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Here is what the SM has to say-

All Speakers Inoperative

Important: The following information lists the most probable cause of the concern to the least probable cause followed by the appropriate test for that condition. If the list leads to the replacement of a component, always inspect for a poor connection before proceeding with the replacement. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

All Radios

Battery positive voltage circuit to the amplifier open--Test the battery positive voltage circuit to the amplifier for an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.
    Ground circuit to the amplifier open--Test the ground circuit to the amplifier for an open. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.
    No audio output from the amplifier--Replace the amplifier. Refer to Control Module References in Computer/Integrating Systems.

Ground wires are always BK or BK/WT
    Whiplash_89 and Whiplash_89 like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

All makes sense, now if I only knew where the amp is located (assume it is in the dash somewhere?) and how to access it.

Behind the left rear trim panel.

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Was down with some medical issues for the past month and didn't get back to this thread until now. Since I have never attempted to remove the panels from the rear of this SRX, can anyone provide me instructions
    on where to start? Preferably, which panels need to be removed and in what order? Don't want to break anything.

Thanks

From memory (always suspect for me)-
    1st. rear hatch sill trim, snaps off then un-hook from rings. Then 3compartment floor storage unit (if equipped)(3 Torx bolts in jack compartment. Look for screws in cubbies and cup holders(not sure there are any). Remember, if another panel is over the one you are working on, remove it first (like left rear door trim). I think there is a screw near the front of the panel. Pull out at the bottom of the side panel and where it goes to the headliner and then lift to disengage where it meets the quarter window.
    Go slow, each next move should be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    From memory (always suspect for me)-
    1st. rear hatch sill trim, snaps off then un-hook from rings. Then 3compartment floor storage unit (if equipped)(3 Torx bolts in jack compartment. Look for screws in cubbies and cup holders(not sure there are any). Remember, if another panel is over the one you are working on, remove it first (like left rear door trim). I think there is a screw near the front of the panel. Pull out at the bottom of the side panel and where it goes to the headliner and then lift to disengage where it meets the quarter window.
    Go slow, each next move should be obvious.
    Wow, don't know if this is something I want to tackle after all. I do have third row seating and rear air on this vehicle, in order to remove this stuff does the third row seat have to be in the up position? (of course that would be the only wan to get to the jack compartment). Appears that I may have to remove both the rear rear door trim and the back door trim with the a/c duct as they appear to overlie the lower 1/4 panel? The last thing I want to hear is that the 3rd row seating would have to be removed.

Now you know why dealer service is so expensive. If you remove rear (3rd) seat, you may be able to pull bottom and rear of panel out enough to access the amp. and its connectors as well as the ground attachments.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.