Sun Roof Not closing propoerly
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By glake89
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Sun Roof Not closing propoerly in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi there I have a SRX 2006 with Ultraview sun Roof ( the big one) When I am driving at ...
    lemmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

Sun Roof Not closing propoerly

Hi there

I have a SRX 2006 with Ultraview sun Roof ( the big one)

When I am driving at 100miles or more I clearly hear the air entering in the vehicle through the sun roof.

I have checked the sun roof and It seems to be properly closed, however the air is till entering....

Do you know if there is any way to adjust the sun roof ?

Do you have any idea how I can solve this issue?

Many thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: Sun Roof Not closing propoerly

From the SM-

Initialization Process

Important: The sunroof window and sunshade must be in the fully close position before starting this procedure.

Important: Perform the Teach Module Process immediately after completing the Initialization Process. Failure to begin the Teach Module Process within 3 seconds of completing the Initialization Process will require the entire procedure to be repeated.

Make sure the engine is idling and the vehicle is in park.
    Press and hold the "Sunroof Open Switch" and the "Sunshade Close Switch" together for 6 seconds.
    Release both buttons.
    Press the "Sunshade Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
    Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
    Teach Module Process

Run the Initialization Process above and within 3 seconds perform step 2 below.
    Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" 3 times and hold the switch down on the third switch press.
    Continue holding the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the sunroof and sunshade have stopped moving.*
    * The sunroof has entered the teach mode at this point and the following operations will be observed:

• The sunroof and sunshade will move to the full open position.
    • After the sunroof reaches the full open position, the sunroof will begin to close.
    • When the sunroof reaches the half closed position, the front sunshade will close.
    • The Teach Module Process is complete when both panels have stopped moving.
    PJ1520 and PJ1520 like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Lemmon, did you find glake's post helpful? If you are working with a dealership and would like any assistance, please let me know and I'm always happy to follow up with your dealer on your behalf. Feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can investigate further for you.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hi
    Open your sunroof till you can see the rear screws attaching it to the rail. They may have come loose, you may need to adjust them and make sure you are getting a proper fit in the front seal, you do not need to do the teach if this is all you do, I completely removed mine and did not have to do a teach but it may be different for each car, so use the above from Glake to be sure. You fail to mention where the air is coming from

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

The dealer just replaced a seal for me due to a air leak that was causing a whistling noise.

GaExt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    From the SM-

Initialization Process

Important: The sunroof window and sunshade must be in the fully close position before starting this procedure.

Important: Perform the Teach Module Process immediately after completing the Initialization Process. Failure to begin the Teach Module Process within 3 seconds of completing the Initialization Process will require the entire procedure to be repeated.

Make sure the engine is idling and the vehicle is in park.
    Press and hold the "Sunroof Open Switch" and the "Sunshade Close Switch" together for 6 seconds.
    Release both buttons.
    Press the "Sunshade Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
    Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the motor stalls in the close position.
    Teach Module Process

Run the Initialization Process above and within 3 seconds perform step 2 below.
    Press the "Sunroof Close Switch" 3 times and hold the switch down on the third switch press.
    Continue holding the "Sunroof Close Switch" until the sunroof and sunshade have stopped moving.*
    * The sunroof has entered the teach mode at this point and the following operations will be observed:

• The sunroof and sunshade will move tothe full open position.
    • After the sunroof reaches the full open position, the sunroof will begin to close.
    • When the sunroof reaches the half closed position, the front sunshade will close.
    • The Teach Module Process is complete when both panels have stopped moving.
    Will this procedure work with the Escalade sunroof as well. Would just try it but not at the house with my truck for the next few days

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Different systems, but here-
    From the SM-
    Synchronization will be necessary anytime the sunroof motor is removed from the unit. The sunroof module will be synchronized when the controller learns the full vent position.

To synchronize the sunroof:

Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
    Using the close/tilt up portion of the sunroof switch, operate the sunroof glass until it reaches the full vent position. This may take 20 to 30 seconds.
    Continue to hold the switch in the close/tilt up position for an additional 20 seconds when the glass will make a slight movement indicating the module has been synchronized.
    Verify that the system operates normally.
    Once the sunroof glass reaches the full vent position, the actual position is stored in the memory of the sunroof module. The module will retain this memory even after power is removed and restored.
    That should do it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

munich44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 2005 Escalade
    Thanks that worked for me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.