Lost MAP DVD Driver for my SRX =(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Lost MAP DVD Driver for my SRX =( in Cadillac SRX Forums; I think that my car computer has no navigation driver installed. That is why it says on my map dvd ...
    davieboiii is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Lost MAP DVD Driver for my SRX =(

I think that my car computer has no navigation driver installed. That is why it says on my map dvd **,**,**

It should say something like V01.08.3.

So i think i have no driver and that is the reason that my computer dont recognize the map dvd i put in my car.

Does anyone have a service CD with Navigation driver for my car? Or how can i onstall the navigation driver?

I have 3 different map dvd for man car and it don recognize any of them.

I need to have the navigation driver for my srx to make them work.

Please help me
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Lost MAP DVD Driver for my SRX =(

i would assume that the disc is damaged and no longer fully readable

or

the disc drive is unable to fully reading the disc correctly
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

There is no 'driver'! Either your map DVD is defective, wrong DVD for this model, or you burned it from the internet. If purchased, you can try to return it for a better one (or the correct one).

I have 2 dvd maps that are original. And One is a copy. No One of them is working. And the condition of them is Good.

Are you 100% sure that there is no separate driver for the navi drive?

I think the driver is missing Because it sounds like it tryes to read the dvd`s like it dont recognizes the disk Because of missing driver.

I have written in this thread previously about my problem:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-help-me.html

if there is a problem with the software (driver) that would be a problem with the radio and you have to get a replacement radio

as i said before it's either the disc or the disc drive (not driver) and the radio and the drive are not separable so you have to replace the radio in that case

the only way to know which is the problem is to take your disc to a similar vehicle that has a working nav and swap your disc in and see if it works
    if it does then it's your radio ... if it doesn't then its the disc
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    if there is a problem with the software (driver) that would be a problem with the radio and you have to get a replacement radio

as i said before it's either the disc or the disc drive (not driver) and the radio and the drive are not separable so you have to replace the radio in that case

the only way to know which is the problem is to take your disc to a similar vehicle that has a working nav and swap your disc in and see if it works
    if it does then it's your radio ... if it doesn't then its the disc
    Are you 100% sure that there is no separate driver for the navigation.

The thing is that everything works in my radio. Even if i put a dvd movie in the navigation slot it plays it directly without any problem.

And what i know it uses the same lens for playing dvd movies and reading nav discs.

Do you own a srx? if so could you check your software information, once with the map dvd and once without map dvd and se if you have version written with the dvd inside. And if there appears stars when you take it out like i have now. Then i know that it is not a driver version that is written like i think now. Then it would be the version of the dvd. just to get it confirmed that there is no separeta driver for the navigation.

The code for this is 6497.

there is separate software for the nav, yes ... but i don't think it can it be updated without replacing the radio
    your dealer could try to reprogram the radio but i don't think that would re-load any software ... might be worth a shot if it's not going to cost you too much
    either way it sounds like the dealer will have to do something (reprogram or replace the radio)

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    there is separate software for the nav, yes ... but i don't think it can it be updated without replacing the radio
    your dealer could try to reprogram the radio but i don't think that would re-load any software ... might be worth a shot if it's not going to cost you too much
    either way it sounds like the dealer will have to do something (reprogram or replace the radio)
    I think the problem happened after i putted in a 2008 years map dvd. And the map dvd had a loading.kwi file inside it. And i think as i know it something went wrong in the update installation.

The problem i have is that i live in sweden, and the authorized dealers dont know alot about american cars. It is hard to get any help over here.

I have been at authorized delers but they dont seem to know much i have done all my research alone.

Now to confirm that it is a driver issue or wrong dvd disc issue i need someone to check what their software information says with and without disc inserted, Does the map dvd info change or remains the same without the Map disc inserted.

Quote Originally Posted by davieboiii View Post
    I think the problem happened after i putted in a 2008 years map dvd. And the map dvd had a loading.kwi file inside it. And i think as i know it something went wrong in the update installation.

The problem i have is that i live in sweden, and the authorized dealers dont know alot about american cars. It is hard to get any help over here.
    well it would have been good to know this information at the beginning

i'm going to say you need another radio ... there's no way that i know of to fix this kind of problem

I have still no found a soulution for my navigation issue.

So please if you have a cadillac with navigation in the car. Please check this for me so i can be sure if it a driver issue or not?

to confirm that it is a driver issue or wrong dvd disc issue i need someone to check what their software information says with and without disc inserted, Does the map dvd info change or remains the same without the Map disc inserted.

The code for checking software information on a srx is 6497.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

The solution for the problem I think is as Rippy said, new radio, you have not found a solution you like is what you should say.

Even if you figure it is a driver issue you are still no closer to being able to get the Nav to boot are you?

Also be aware that using the codes can "brick" your radio and it can enter an unrecoverable state, be careful.

Maybe also mention you have a 1ga SRX and the 1gb SRX nav system is not the same.

wrupert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX N* AWD, 2009 SRX N* AWD, 1986 Buick Grand National

Maybe one day people seeking advice will listen to the advice of the people that know these cars and have experienced common problems and not just argue about what they are told because it does not fit in their relm of thought.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Sure use big words and make me look stupid lol

meh, my car runs

aka

no skin off my back

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    The solution for the problem I think is as Rippy said, new radio, you have not found a solution you like is what you should say.

Even if you figure it is a driver issue you are still no closer to being able to get the Nav to boot are you?

Also be aware that using the codes can "brick" your radio and it can enter an unrecoverable state, be careful.

Maybe also mention you have a 1ga SRX and the 1gb SRX nav system is not the same.
    I think also that Rippy is right, but i just want to confirm that it is because of a driver missing that my computer says **.**.**.**.

Or because i have a faulty map dvd disc?

If someone could confirm what the problem is i know what i need to do after that.

The only way to confirm it is if someone with a srx enters the code 6497 and check the software information with, and without disc what it says!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.