Electrical issue, no audio or R turn front turn lamp
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Electrical issue, no audio or R turn front turn lamp in Cadillac SRX Forums; Saw something like this posted in this forum from a couple of years ago, but there were really no replies. ...
    jalexand61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUXIII - 2006 SRX AWD

Electrical issue, no audio or R turn front turn lamp

Saw something like this posted in this forum from a couple of years ago, but there were really no replies. So what the heck, I'll give it a try. Problem, '06 SRX intermittent
    loss of radio audio coupled with simultaneous loss of right front parking lamp. No kidding, both go out and come on together. I certainly don't get the connection, but it
    has been happening. It was intermittent for a while, but now both have failed to work for about two weeks. Got to be a short, but where does one start when such unrelated items
    fail together?

Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JayT F1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Possible common grounding point that is no longer conductive? I'll take a look at the repair manual and try to see what is unique about these two.

Strange

Re: Electrical issue, no audio or R turn front turn lamp

Quote Originally Posted by JayT F1 View Post
    Possible common grounding point that is no longer conductive? I'll take a look at the repair manual and try to see what is unique about these two.

Strange
    This makes some sense. I am aware that many 12v DC issues revolve around a ground that has become either loose or corroded. Appreciate it if maybe you might find a common ground involving these two separate components that could be checked. I just hope that if such a connection is present that it is not buried deep under the dash board somewhere impossible to get to.

JayTF1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

The repair manual suggests disconnecting the turn signal to check for a 12v pulse and using a DMM to check for short/open condition on the circuit.

If you're not getting 12v at the bulb, I would start from the IPC (Instrument panel cluster) and check for signal from the module. If what you're saying is correct, and the radio does not work in conjunction with the turn signal, there may be some sort of intermittent wiring or logic problem in the dash area.

Maybe someone else can offer some advice here.
    Attached Images

JayTF1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

/\ Sorry that is a poor upload./\ Can't figure out how to keep resolution and size.

Thanks, but this has already gone way over my head (and ability), guess I will end up with a sizeable repair bill at the dealer to get this resolved.

JayT F1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Could be something simple in theory. Jiggling some wires manually, and doing a bit of legwork could save some costly diagnosis $ at the dealer.

Good luck either way!

I have no problem with shaking some wires and doing a little "leg work", if I only knew which wires to jiggle? As most owners, I have had some very unpleasant dealings with dealer service dept's and their
    outrageous diagnostic fees so I am more than willing to do what I can within my limits of ability. (Oh for the days of the '55 Chevy's and their simple systems?)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Jalexand61, I can definitely understand your DIY perspective; I just wanted to let you know I'm available if you would like me to contact your dealer for you at any point in the process. I'm happy to schedule appointments and also follow up on any concerns you may have as well! Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can research on your behalf.

As a Customer Service representative, I'm unable to share much in the way of DIY advice. So, I'm very pleased to see forum members jumping in to offer you their helpful opinions!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Jalexand61, I can definitely understand your DIY perspective; I just wanted to let you know I'm available if you would like me to contact your dealer for you at any point in the process. I'm happy to schedule appointments and also follow up on any concerns you may have as well! Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can research on your behalf.

As a Customer Service representative, I'm unable to share much in the way of DIY advice. So, I'm very pleased to see forum members jumping in to offer you their helpful opinions!

Katie
    Well, that is another problem. While I just moved to a fairly upscale location, Punta Gorda, FL, the closest Cadillac dealer is about 25 miles away. Not a good place to own a Cadillac.

Sorry to hear that, Jalexand61! I double checked my resources to be sure, and I do see the closest dealer (Crest) is unfortunately 23 miles away. Please drop me an email anytime if you would like me to research vehicle questions for you!

Best,

Katie

mrenniejr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 DTS

Good evening Katie!

I have an 06 DTS that has the following electrical issues;
    1. No front turn signals- the turn indicator in the side mirrors and rear turn signals do work but blink fast.
    2. No high beams, the blue indicator does light up in the instrument cluster though.
    3. No fog/driving lamps, the instrument cluster does illuminate like they are on when the button is depressed.
    4. All fuses under the back seat and engine compartment have been checked and are ok.
    5. All front bulbs are checked and fine.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Mike

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing these frustrations, Mike! Have you had the opportunity to bring these concerns to your dealer's attention? I would be happy to investigate further, so please don't hesitate to send me an email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.