RevShift Flange?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, RevShift Flange? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I always see this ad on the site,looked at it and am wondering if anyone out there has used it?...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

RevShift Flange?

I always see this ad on the site,looked at it and am wondering if anyone out there has used it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: RevShift Flange?

No, but if their products are urethane, they are firmer and better than OEM rubber.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

https://www.revshift.com/shop/differ...llac-cts-v.php

Hi
    This part says it fits to 2006, I have tried to look in the parts list on Tonkin, but the description from revshift does not correspond to parts list, the best I found says it fits to 2009,its # 3(Rear axle control arm bushing). Can anyone clarify which part Rev is describing. I have written to them but no reply

Maybe it refers to part# 12?

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Our diff bushing replaces #12 in the 6D05-010 diagram.

Thanks
    So it can replace # 12 which is on a rear differential on the SRX, I do not see one in the parts list or SM for a front one, if anyone can shed some light, if the front differential has a bushing like the rear.
    From Revshift
    No. Our diff bushing replaces the front oem bushing. Number 3 in the diagram is the rear diff bushings. We do not currently make those bushings because they rarely go bad. The bushing that goes bad is the front one which is not specified in your diagram. It does fit the 2004-2009 SRX. I will change the description on our website.
    Revshift
    Does the bushing come with a new metal sleeve?

OK found it in the SM, that is one hell of a job! I remember one member on here had a step by step on a site similar to photo bucket, it explained with photos and was easier then the manual explains, but I tried to get permission granted to view it but it never happened (it was a open site when I first saw it)
    http://srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com...rentialbearing
    WOW just tried it and it back again!

When I talk about front and rear bushings, I am referring to the front side bushing and the rear side bushings of the rear differential. We have not looked at the front differential on an AWD SRX.

Our bushing does not use an outer metal sleeve like the OEM bushing. It is a completely different design.

Well thats good news on install. OK so it comes in 2 halves, getting clearer now.

Correct. Two bushing halves and a metal sleeve for the bolt. No outer sleeve, the hole in the differential that the bushing fits into acts as the outer sleeve.

Thanks for the replies

mfleming is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V8 4.6L RWD

Back in February I replaced my differential bushing with the Revshift part which installed easily and I have been happy with the ride. The manufacturers part only lasted ~40K miles each time.

Did you install yourself?

jgodfrey82 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX NorthStar - just purchased, and loving it!
    Is this "clunk" everyone talks about a clunk that only happens in the 1st few minutes each time driving? usually when braking for the 1st time? Like after backing out of the garage and going from reverse to drive or 1st stop sign of the day?

All of the sudden I have been hearing what I describe above, but not sure what it is. I make sure to turn up the radio and pretend to ignore it everyday.. but if I can fix it cheap I will.

Hi
    Do a search on this SRX forum and you will get a better answer then I can give you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.