Cadillac Owners Forum banner

RevShift Flange?

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  orandaberg 
G
#1 ·
I always see this ad on the site,looked at it and am wondering if anyone out there has used it?

#2 ·
No, but if their products are urethane, they are firmer and better than OEM rubber.

G
#6 · (Edited)
Thanks
So it can replace # 12 which is on a rear differential on the SRX, I do not see one in the parts list or SM for a front one, if anyone can shed some light, if the front differential has a bushing like the rear.
From Revshift
No. Our diff bushing replaces the front oem bushing. Number 3 in the diagram is the rear diff bushings. We do not currently make those bushings because they rarely go bad. The bushing that goes bad is the front one which is not specified in your diagram. It does fit the 2004-2009 SRX. I will change the description on our website.
Revshift
Does the bushing come with a new metal sleeve?

OK found it in the SM, that is one hell of a job! I remember one member on here had a step by step on a site similar to photo bucket, it explained with photos and was easier then the manual explains, but I tried to get permission granted to view it but it never happened (it was a open site when I first saw it)
http://srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com/differentialbearing
WOW just tried it and it back again!

#7 ·
When I talk about front and rear bushings, I am referring to the front side bushing and the rear side bushings of the rear differential. We have not looked at the front differential on an AWD SRX.

Our bushing does not use an outer metal sleeve like the OEM bushing. It is a completely different design.

#13 ·
Is this "clunk" everyone talks about a clunk that only happens in the 1st few minutes each time driving? usually when braking for the 1st time? Like after backing out of the garage and going from reverse to drive or 1st stop sign of the day?

All of the sudden I have been hearing what I describe above, but not sure what it is. I make sure to turn up the radio and pretend to ignore it everyday.. but if I can fix it cheap I will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.