navigation problem! please help me
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, navigation problem! please help me in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi I have a 2005 cadillac srx v8. Bought it fairly recently so I'm not so knowledgeable about the car. ...
    davieboiii is offline Cadillac Owners Member

navigation problem! please help me

Hi I have a 2005 cadillac srx v8. Bought it fairly recently so I'm not so knowledgeable about the car. Previous owner said they stopped working after software update in the car. It plays DVD movies so lens is working in it. When I insert a navigation disc it says. The disc installed is not a map DVD. Uploading images of disc the car's software and information so you can see what is wrong.

Is the maps dvd not working because of wrong firmware in the Car?

Thank you David

Btw i live in sweden
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: navigation problem! please help me

David, if you still have lingering questions after the community replies then I recommend getting in touch with the Customer Service team nearest you. (I apologize if this is inconvenient, but my department doesn't have access to the business practices of countries outside the United States.) After checking my resources, I see that Cadillac Sweden's phone is 00800-8680 8800 and their email is cadillac.europe@gm.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

rlh6805 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX AWD 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by davieboiii View Post
    Hi I have a 2005 cadillac srx v8. Bought it fairly recently so I'm not so knowledgeable about the car. Previous owner said they stopped working after software update in the car. It plays DVD movies so lens is working in it. When I insert a navigation disc it says. The disc installed is not a map DVD. Uploading images of disc the car's software and information so you can see what is wrong.

Is the maps dvd not working because of wrong firmware in the Car?

Thank you David

Btw i live in sweden
    Are you installing the map dvd into the slot that is behind the screen?

Hi. Yes i am installing through the slot behind the screen. I think it may be because of wrong firmware in the Car?

Hi. Yes i am installing through the slot behind the screen. I think it may be because of wrong firmware in the Car?
    Yes, could be. You need to contact a GM dealer and they can connect your car with the GM Service Programming System (SPS) and check to see if you have the correct SW installed to your radio/navigation module.

I have Tried to find a phone number to Swedish cadillac but i cant find any? I need a software downgrade disk. Then i think my navigation maps Will work in my car.

I have Tried to find a phone number to Swedish cadillac but i cant find any? I need a software downgrade disk. Then i think my navigation maps Will work in my car.
    Have you tried using a different nav disc?

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

According to what one of the screenshots you posted says:

“For Cadillac vehicles built prior to 2007, a service CD update may be required to use this DVD Map Disc. If the address destination entry no longer functions with this map disc, please see your dealership for the service update”

http://www.cadillaceurope.com/en/ind...es-and-service Using this link and choosing Sweden as the country, a list of 12 shops with contact information will appear when you click Search.

Another option would be an older disc.

Bill

steelfarmer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ´05 STS V8

Hello,
    You have ab 05´SRX and yout car are reading the older DVD (GM p/n 10348778)...
    Your DVD is a newer one and you need a software update in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by steelfarmer View Post
    Hello,
    You have ab 05´SRX and yout car are reading the older DVD (GM p/n 10348778)...
    Your DVD is a newer one and you need a software update in your car.
    Finally i got the answer i needed! Thank you so much. Can i find the software update on the Web and brun it out on a dvd? Or Do i have to go to a cadillac dealer? So happy for your answear. Thank you once again!

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Also... it is still entirely possible the DVD Reader for the NAV unit is bad...

Just because the Top Slot will play a Movie - - it is physically a different DVD player.

The unit that operates your NAV will NOT play a movie - - it is designed only for the Map DVD.

There are instances were a super cleaning of dirty map DVD, have fixed your error.

The bad news is, in most instances were the unit didn't read a DVD, or didn't recognize the DVD as a Map DVD, usually end being a bad unit.

You could try GM Customer Service... or obtaining a new map DVD from http://mapupdate.navigation.com/GM/

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Also... it is still entirely possible the DVD Reader for the NAV unit is bad...

Just because the Top Slot will play a Movie - - it is physically a different DVD player.

The unit that operates your NAV will NOT play a movie - - it is designed only for the Map DVD.

There are instances were a super cleaning of dirty map DVD, have fixed your error.

The bad news is, in most instances were the unit didn't read a DVD, or didn't recognize the DVD as a Map DVD, usually end being a bad unit.

You could try GM Customer Service... or obtaining a new map DVD from http://mapupdate.navigation.com/GM/

I am sure that the dvd reader is working. Because i once deleted the original firmware unfortunatley. Then i got a new firmware installed in my car. and after that the navigation has not worked.

So is there any place where i can download a software update to my car? Burn it on a dvd and install it in my car?

I have map version 6 and 8 on dvd disc so i need a firmware update so i can use my map dvds

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

davieboiii, apparently you overlooked my post that I made weeks ago.

Here it is again:

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    According to what one of the screenshots you posted says:

“For Cadillac vehicles built prior to 2007, a service CD update may be required to use this DVD Map Disc. If the address destination entry no longer functions with this map disc, please see your dealership for the service update”

http://www.cadillaceurope.com/en/ind...es-and-service Using this link and choosing Sweden as the country, a list of 12 shops with contact information will appear when you click Search.

Another option would be an older disc.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    davieboiii, apparently you overlooked my post that I made weeks ago.

Here it is again:
    Yes i overlooked it. Thank you so much. I will go to a cadillac dealer on tuesday. Hopefully they will fix the problem with just a firmware update.

But it would be easier if i could download the firmware from internet and than just put it in my car.

Yes i overlooked it. Thank you so much. I will go to a cadillac dealer on tuesday. Hopefully they will fix the problem with just a firmware update.

But it would be easier if i could download the firmware from internet and than just put it in my car.
    You cannot. There is no source for this other than GM.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.