navigation problem! please help me - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, navigation problem! please help me in Cadillac SRX Forums; Let us know the outcome!...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: navigation problem! please help me

Let us know the outcome!

davieboiii is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi again!

I have now visited a authorized cadillac dealer. And they had nerver made a software upddate on a.cadillac. and they did not hade direct access to GM website so they could hade downloaded the right firmware. Hela Called another Guy that told hem that the installation file is on the Navigaton dvd.

But the service Guy did not now how to install it. So they Will contact me.again When they now how to Do it. Cant understand hon a autorized dealer dont know basic things like this.

Is there a Way i Can install the installation file from the disk by my self?

David

----------

It is on the 8.0c navigation disk that contains the loading.kwi file.

I have tried one time to erase the firmware in the car and then inserted the dvd disk to see if it will install the newer loading.kwi file in the car. But the car did not load the disk. So it did not work. So i had to visit a cadillac dealer to get my firmware installed again.

But maybe i am doing it the wrong way. Maybe there is a code or something special i have to do to get the loading.kwi file installed in the car.

Any toughts?? // David

How do i upgrade my cars Navi??

FSchuett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Hello,
    Cadillac Europe can not deliver the older DVD for the SRX and I think your car need these older DVD.
    And here in europe no Cadillac dealer can deliver or install the update to a never system.

Many european SRX driver have the same problems with the navi DVD.

In my first post I write the correct older DVD number and exact these DVD you need...

Frohe Weihnachten
    from good old germany

Frank

Hi! I have now been at a authorized cadillac dealer 2 times. The first time they did not now what to do, because they hade never had the same problem before.
    When i was there the first time they called a authorized cadillac dealer in stockholm and they told them there is a update file to my car.

And they will send it to the company i visited. So i had to come back a second time to try to install the firmware.

When i went there a second time they could not fix it again. They could not load the file into the car???

So they told me that the head unit is broken, but i dont belive in them. Just because they dont know how to service a cadillac they say the reason is that it is broken so they kan fix it the newbie way just changing the unit.

Now i am desperate to get a hold of a copy or original disc (GM p/n 10348778)

I think it will work with that disc. But i cant find it nowhere. So if someone know where i can get it , or have it. Please contact me!

i DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO

// David

FSchuett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hello David,
    in my first answer I wrote that you have the false DVD, because your old navigation system need the #10348778 DVD...
    Before you contact Cadillac Europe, read my last answer (Cadillac Europe can not deliver the older DVD for the SRX),
    this wrote Cadillac Europe last december to me.

An now, I have these original DVD with the number 10348778...
    And I think I´m the one and only in Europe ;-)

Please give me with PN your eMail adress,
    because I have an idea ;-)

Frank

Hi Frank!

Thank you so much for answearing to me with such great news.
    I have sent you a PM with my email adress.

// David

Hi! I have now tried with tha older navigation disc. With no good result.

I think that my car computer has no navigation driver installed. That is why it says on my map dvd **,**,**

It should say something like V01.08.3.

So i think i have no driver and that is the reason that my computer dont recognize the map dvd i put in my car.

Does anyone have a service CD with Navigation driver for my car? Or how can i onstall the navigation driver?

Pleace help me!!

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

David, why not just get a stand alone nav. device? Chances are it would be more accurate than the factory one anyway.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

It takes Way the luxury from the Car if i buy a standalone gps. Please just help Me Solve my problem

VinceTheFrench is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX V6
    I'm in France and I've similar problem. Please, all European guys, send me a PM. We combine the problems and solutions to repair our Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by davieboiii View Post

I am sure that the dvd reader is working. Because i once deleted the original firmware unfortunatley. Then i got a new firmware installed in my car. and after that the navigation has not worked.

So is there any place where i can download a software update to my car? Burn it on a dvd and install it in my car?

I have map version 6 and 8 on dvd disc so i need a firmware update so i can use my map dvds
    You say in this post, you are re-install firmware after delete it.

Can you explain me how you do that ?

Can you explain me ?

Ray Toronto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2008 V6

I am a Cadillac enthusiast and I love Cadillacs - specially the SRX V6 AWD.
    I live in Toronto.

I wish Cadillac (globally) provides more support and provides updated DVDs/MAP Disks to Cadillac owners without extra cost but with loyalty and dedication. Something I have failed to see here in Canada.

Unfortunately MOST Cadillac dealers in Canada have very little knowledge on the NAV DISKS and cannot provide the support necessary for Cadillac owners who wish to address the navigation and outdated DISKS and firmware -- and I agree with a fellow Cadillac owner above that these things should easily be made available online.

For me, getting a hold of an updated navigation disk has proved to be painful and futile. Somehow I bumped into this forum and was compelled to write and share my experience.

At first - my SRX4 had Version 3.0 (GM PART NUMBER 25850927)
    I acquired two DVDs from sources (hint hint - check eBay)
    a) Nav Disk Version 6.0c (Part Number 20940248)
    b) Nav Disk Version 8.0 / 2011 (Part Number DW464210-7510 / 22820294)

It appears the NAV Disks all come with the firmware pre-installed with the maps.
    In my case - I first inserted Nav Disk 6.0c and this upgraded the firmware
    It took about 5 - 10 minutes I believe.
    My heart was sinking and I was nervous and anxious as I depend on the navigation system.

Shortly after the update to Version 6.0c, new coloured map with more outlines was provided.
    I was excited.

I then inserted Nav Disk 8.0 (2011 version) and this **DID NOT** do any firmware upgrade.
    It did not give any errors and the MAPs were loaded.
    To verify whether this DVD was truly the latest 2011 DVD, I know of a the name of a new street which was named only 2-3 years ago.
    This specific NEW road was displayed on the DVD screen.

Coming from a technical background having to deal with new firmwares and firmware installation of certain high tech devices allowed me a level of confidence and tracking down what I needed. I can understand and appreciate that this (though simple) can be a daunting task for non-technical folks.

Therefore it is my plea and request to Cadillac dealers, and GM corporation as a whole - to provide Cadillac owners world wide, an updated MAP DVD of their choice without reservations or hesitations. If Cadillac / GM wants my continued patronage (and I will likely consider a new Cadillac in the near future) then I think its paramount that Cadillac / GM treat their Cadillac owners with dignity and respect by providing each Cadillac owner updated MAP DVDs for their region.

Good luck to all!

Best regards,
    Ray.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.