Looking for 2004 SRX map DVD - failed. Who can help? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Looking for 2004 SRX map DVD - failed. Who can help? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hallo, ich habe das gleiche Problem mit der Navi DVD, das gleiche Auto. Haben Sie vielleicht etwas herausgefunden. Funktioniert die ...
    kreten is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Re: Looking for 2004 SRX map DVD - failed. Who can help?

Hallo,
    ich habe das gleiche Problem mit der Navi DVD, das gleiche Auto. Haben Sie vielleicht etwas herausgefunden. Funktioniert die DVD aus Toyota. Habe schon etliches heruntergeladen, aber bislang ohne Erfolg = kommt immer eine Karten DVD einleden. Vielen Dank

FSchuett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Hello,
    Cadillac Europe can not deliver the original 2005 ' DVD and they don't have an DVD...
    Ich habe es von Cadillac Europe schriftlich, das sie nicht einmal mehr eine orig. DVD mehr haben.
    Da bin ich aber froh, das ich noch eine Originale habe... ;-)

systembauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX 4.6 - DVD Navi Bose

Habe von einem anderen Besitzer eine Kopie einer 2005er DVD bekommen, Cadillac Europe hat mir selbst eine kopierte 2006er zugeschickt. Bei beiden läd mein Navi zwar die Karte, aber ich kann keine Ziele eingeben, auch die Auswahl der Region ist nicht möglich. Cadillac sagt, man braucht ein Softwareupdate. Ist natürlich Halbquatsch, weil alte DVDs auch ohne laufen müssen. Die Firmware hat ja kein eingebautes Haltbarkeitsdatum.

Andererseits habe ich es selbst nicht geschafft, eine lauffähige Kopie zu machen, wird wohl an meinem Brenner liegen. Selbst Versuche mit zwangsweiser Zuweisung von DVD-ROM als Booktype oder Brennen mit langsamster Geschwindigkeit haben nichts gebracht, auch der Versuch mit 4 verschiedenen Rohlingen nicht.

Wenn sich hier jemand findet, der eine lauffähige Kopie machen kann, würde das bei mir auf ganz große Gegenliebe treffen ;-)

Icke.

Moin,
    was merkwürdig bei Dir ist, dass meine DVD (welche bei mir lief) nicht funktioniert.

PS: Dir auch ein frohes Neues... Gib mir bitte nochmal Deine eMailadresse. Danke

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Talking about burning discs in another language doesn't make it any better guys.

lemmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

[QUOTE

Try the Toyota TNS310 ( Trafic) Plus South Europe 2010-2011 Ver.1.

ONLY THE VER.1 will work. Others I think they will never work

This will work with your cadillac with some limitations. It works with my 2006 SRX

You will have turn by turn navigation but..

you will miss voice guidance and no street names Shown in the map ( but you can search for an street in the menu)

But At least you will be able to navigate

/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advises....

I just tried to express an opinion....

Nevertheless, my advise is still valid.

Find on internet ( ebay, Toyota website) this disk and you will have at least the features mentioned above

Hello,
    what exact software version is in your navi unit ? What is the serial number from the Toyota DVD ?

I think the problem from a security copy is the exact DVD DL clone with breaking point, booktype and DVD brand...
    I don't find the burning software for these problems. Anyone an idea ?

barrywilliams991 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX V8 AWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    Talking about burning discs in another language doesn't make it any better guys.
    American law allows the user to make a backup copy of a CD or DVD and use it to preserve the integrity of the original. Maybe you didn't know.

VinceTheFrench is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX V6
    I live in France. And I need this DVD. European guys have you find a solution ?
    It's really difficult to discuss about this on american forums !

Please with PN...... I've the solution...

I don'y know why, but I can't use PM .
    There it is :

DVD (map) : GM 10389457 / Denso 464210-6300
    Unit : GM 15839813 / Denso 468100-5530

Thank for your help.

And I need the DVD 10348778. It's the DVD who works ?
    I'm right ?

Hello, I think the #10348778 is the right one... These DVD works nice in my 05er SRX... Frank

Do you have an email adress ?

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

ROLEX......my apologies for this belated response. I just got around to reading this entire thread.

You are right. Technically it (unauthorized reproduction) is illegal. Practically, an infraction in this instance and under these circumstances would never be pursued.

Let me get this straight. If I buy a product and the manufacturer no longer has inventory to support it (or part of it), has no intention expressed or otherwise to support it, has no alternative to suggest, and walks away and leaving me to my own devices, they still have the right to prohibit me from making myself whole at no practical expense or exposure or loss to them? Yes, technically they do. But do you really think that GM would pursue it? Not in a million years. GM has enough problems.

What would GM argue in court? Neither a judge-directed verdict nor a jury would rule against an individual if it got that far if a consumer was left high and dry in this manner. And it wouldn't get that far because the bad press and poor public relations would cost GM big time by a factor of a zillion.

The government would not pursue it in the first place. They have an ocean of bigger fish to fry on copywright infringement. The FBI employee who would recommend otherwise to his enforcement arm would be laughed out. And when his superiors realized he was serious, he would be reprimanded for not pursuing something with meat on the bone, what he was hired to do. The government is looking for trophy finds and prosecutions.

While technically the unauthorized reproduction is a violation of copywright law, it would be like a police officer writing a speeding ticket for you driving 66 in a 65.
    He/she has more brains than that, simply wouldn't be dumb enough to write the ticket in the first place.

PJ
    TimRSRX777 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.