Bad Gas Cap? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Bad Gas Cap? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well, I went out this morning, and my order of operation was: 1) tap on sensor/tps area, try to start. ...
    Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Re: Bad Gas Cap?

Well, I went out this morning, and my order of operation was:
    1) tap on sensor/tps area, try to start. runs like crap.
    2) put dielectric grease on contacts, starts and runs, but like crap.
    3) pull hose off and flip the TB flap. runs like a charm.

so I think what happens is, over the course of 2ish weeks, the sensor gets 'out of calibration' and by flipping it you zero it out?

Well after doing a little 90ish mile trip each way for a funeral, it didn't take long for me to get lights and for it to start running rough, so I pulled over and did the whole 'flip the flipper' and it's running fine again.

Were all these TBs built overseas or for the lowest bidder or something? I see quite a few people complaining about them.

So it's been a while since I've had any issues (and I still haven't since my last post) but it got me to wondering. Is it a heat thing? It's been cold here in michigan and I haven't had any issues, and I'm wondering if the TBs are really sensitive to heat. It's going to be warming up a bit here in MI for the next few days (40s/50s) so I guess I'll find out if that's an issue.

sljasko is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2006

I'm having the gas cap on my 2006 SRX replaced today. I have had those same issues and my "check engine" light is on (again).

Just read thru this thread and see what I've done and see if that fixes anything. Try the 'throttle body flip' if you're able to and I'd be curious if that helps. and I hope you have or know someone with a code reader

Although I probably should say those issues could be other things, and if you get your codes read let us know here what they are. I changed my gas cap out a long time ago but that wasn't the issue, but hey, new gas cap!

So..after all this and changing the TB and still getting the same issues, I went thru and tightened my intake bolts and haven't had an issue since. *sigh*.

Sad part is the dealership not even trying anything.

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

That sucks, but at least you did fix the issue finally.

Well I also spoke too soon. the very next day after posting this (my car must be able to read the internet) it had the same issues. Unplugged the throttle body plug, plugged it back in and it was good to go. So I'll replace that pigtail here in a day or two.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.