transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs in Cadillac SRX Forums; dear forum, hello I a new to this forum and come from the Netherlands, we recently bought a beautiful 7 ...
    Lextasy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX 7 seater

transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs

dear forum,

hello I a new to this forum and come from the Netherlands, we recently bought a beautiful 7 seater gray metallic Srx v8.
    we are more than happy with the car but something changed lately. i first discovered it when driving throught the mountains in Italy;

When driving slowly uphill at aprx 1200 rpm the car started to jitter/ vibrate coming from the transmission. as if it had difficulty shifting up. once shifted up it seems gone. to overcome that on our holiday I shifted into manual to get more revs. it seemed to work.

hower now back in Holland with no slopes at all, the problem persist and it occurs more and more. so somewhere between 1200 to 1600 rpm. in fact it happens all the time. and as soon as the tranny shifts up it seems gone..
    to put it harshly if you drive the car rough the transmission works perfectly if you use a velvet foot it has this problem.

as we in Holland dont have a long history with automatic transmissions what could be wrong here...I still have some warranty on the car but would like some direction.

many thanks in advance

Jeroen
    The Netherlands

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs

First, to the forum,

My experience tells me that this is related to the torque converter lock-up solenoid in the transmission sticking. For me, a complete fluid flush has worked to cure the problem as has replacing an O-ring on the solenoid, an easy job.

Since you have some warranty, let the seller fix it. If he can't, were it me, if I really liked the car, I'd keep the car and not worry. My guess is it can't really hurt anything.

Good luck and enjoy!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Kauai 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux; 2013 XTS Lux

This was a common problem; see many posts over the years. In most cases, a torque converter replacement is required. Hopefully with your vehicle, since the problem did not ocur early-on, an easier and less expensive fix will suffice. (Mine, and many others, were covered by the original warranty.)

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD
    Did you get any codes? It also sounds like it could be a coil.

Smile Re: transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs

Hi guys,

Thank you for having me.

Thank you for the quick reply so far.
    We have only 4 official Cadillac dealers here in Holland so getting good advice is scarse...

I did speak with a Cadillac mechanic who owns the same car and advised me to also test this when diving in manual and shifting throught the gears at low speeds and low revs. Although he did not recognize what I was referring to.
    @glake89; the lock up you are speaking about; this would be the case when it is in highest gear? Since I have this only a low revs and low speed.?
    No codes yet to be seen....!

I will keep you all updated how this goes.

Also in the near future I would need some information about where to obtain certain parts for the SRX. The Cadillac dealers in Europe are screaming expensive...I just purchased the last edition (2009) of the sat nav for europe...€ 324,00 that is USD 400. And now I hear it is not so good any way...and no updates available anymore,,,I first have to update the system with new firmware I believe since the new disc is not read...I have herad that a Nissan "birdview"navigation system or DVD is suitable also for Denso SATNAVS..

Couple other thoughts,
    Fluid level may be low,
    Line pressure may be low which would be the pump.

Both of these can be checked. Good luck

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by glake89
    Couple other thoughts,
    Fluid level may be low,
    Line pressure may be low which would be the pump.

Both of these can be checked. Good luck
    ok update time.
    It took my dealer 4 weeks to confirm what I suspected and with your help came out: the torque converter needs to be changed out. Thank you guys.
    Apparantly there is no warranty on the car anymore... so they ask a firm 1500 euro exclusive of Vat to do the job...hmm not funny after just 6 months..and to think I traded in a pristine Lexus GS300 which probably still is running around with an owner having a smile on his face...

But here is my idea and please help me out of my dream is not achieveable. I understood that in the early days this was an issue and that this was a service letter from the factory and replaced under warranty?
    If so then it would indifferent if the car is a few years old I would think. the car is a 2005 V8 with extreme low mileage. So if somebody could help me find this service letter or call back action I think I must call Cadillac Netherlands ( if they still exist..) to see what can be done.

My standpoint would be that a malfunction due to an incorrect part ( torque converter) is age or dealer independent. The problem just hasn't occured yet, but now it has.

Anybody who van help me find the right paperwork like paperwork or recall action?

regards
    jeroen
    the Netherlands

JayTF1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Hey jeroen, did you try glake's recommendation on a fluid flush yet?

Contact Katie @ Cadillac Customer Service on this forum re. the bulletin info. Maybe she can help.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTF1
    Hey jeroen, did you try glake's recommendation on a fluid flush yet?
    Hi jay, no the dealer did some procedural tests which identified that the problem was the torque converter. Took'm 4 weeks....
    But in doubt what to do. Dont know it would be harmfull on the long run.
    That is why i am trying to find documentation about this problem.
    @glake , thank you for the suggestion i will certainly try this route.

Grt
    Jeroen

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for calling my attention to this thread, glake!

Jeroen, I did some searching for you and found the Customer Service team nearest you. If you would like to run you concerns by their helpful agents, here is the information.

Cadillac Netherlands
    00800-8680 8800
    cadillac.europe.gm.com
    http://www.cadillaceurope.com/en/index.php#/contact

Hope this helps,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Thanks for calling my attention to this thread, glake!

Jeroen, I did some searching for you and found the Customer Service team nearest you. If you would like to run you concerns by their helpful agents, here is the information.

Cadillac Netherlands
    00800-8680 8800
    cadillac.europe.gm.com
    http://www.cadillaceurope.com/en/index.php#/contact

Hope this helps,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Wow that ia quick thank you all! Next week I will lay contact and what this may bring.
    Nevertheless is anybody known with this problem; was it a call back or spmething?

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

You know, I have the same problem on hills and wanting to go between 25-35. I just figured it was the computer bouncing between shift points or confused in order to downshift, so I do it manually and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepish
    You know, I have the same problem on hills and wanting to go between 25-35. I just figured it was the computer bouncing between shift points or confused in order to downshift, so I do it manually and it's fine.
    Good advice! Tnx!

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Lextasy View Post
    Good advice! Tnx!
    Well I'm not saying I'm 'right', it's just I've been driving a manual transmission the last 8 years and I'm adjusting to an automatic again. Who knows, this could be a 'design feature'.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.