transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Sheepish Well I'm not saying I'm 'right', it's just I've been driving a manual transmission the last ...
    Lextasy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX 7 seater
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepish

Well I'm not saying I'm 'right', it's just I've been driving a manual transmission the last 8 years and I'm adjusting to an automatic again. Who knows, this could be a 'design feature'.
    Ok people small update.
    I asked why the TC needs to be replaced: the answer was that the clutch is slipping and small particles will fall in the oil. Possibly contaminating the rest of the system. Making it most possible that a costly rebuild could be due. ..

But now I wonder: the torque converter is a sealed unit isn't it? And as far as I can see it is situated in the front section of the transmission. Does is come in contact with tranny oil? And could it affect the tranny? Or is it a piece on its own in the bellhousing of the transmission.

Any advice is appreciated.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Re: transmission vibration/. jittering on low revs

The TC is full of oil and it circulates throughout the transmission via the pump. All the oil should also be going through the filter.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by glake89
    The TC is full of oil and it circulates throughout the transmission via the pump. All the oil should also be going through the filter.
    Aha i thought it was a precharged unit. So it could foul the unit?

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

I guess that would depend on what the debris was and whether or not the filter and drain plug magnet would capture it.
    Next, the 'clutch' is a solenoid in the valve body that increases the pressure in the TC to eliminate most of the built in slippage. If it isn't fully engaging, it's easy to replace the O-rings on the solenoid. Also, a full fluid flush will usually cure the problem because the new fluid detergents aren't worn out yet. Were it me, I'd do that first.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Quote Originally Posted by glake89
    I guess that would depend on what the debris was and whether or not the filter and drain plug magnet would capture it.
    Next, the 'clutch' is a solenoid in the valve body that increases the pressure in the TC to eliminate most of the built in slippage. If it isn't fully engaging, it's easy to replace the O-rings on the solenoid. Also, a full fluid flush will usually cure the problem because the new fluid detergents aren't worn out yet. Were it me, I'd do that first.
    Ok glake thank you. I think it would be benificiary that I get my hands on a manual or drawing of the transmission. Do you know the type of tranny?
    You see we dont have much experience with automatic transmissions in Holland. I think you are perfectly right in going for the simple fixes first.
    Many thanks so far

Bu chance does anybody have a manual which I could purchase??

Rds
    Jeroen

Hi guys,

Small update on the transmission shudder: well it is finally gone!
    Now I have done two things:
    1) a complete cleaning of the system under load ( a german system: flushing the system when a cleaning device is connected and the car lifted from the floor. Subsequently the mechanic drives the car through all the gears and takes about a hour. )

It solved nearly 50% of the problems so it was not the ultimate fix..

2) the car was in desperate need of service which unfortunately cost me an arm and a leg but did solve the transmission problem by uploading new software.
    I failed to ask what update is was but can check. It did the trick and driving (again) in the mountains proves wonderfull.

Hope this lasts !

Rds
    Jeroen

Ps by the way looking for new brake discs all around...cn anyone help where the best to go? Autozone or?? Here in holland €300 a piece...unbelievable

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

You can get all sorts of parts, including rotors from www.rockauto.com and they ship overseas. Good prices too.

Bill

Wow thanks Bill, rockzone is definitly a good shop, I am impressed with the pricing as I just paid 300 euro for rear wheelbearings ...a piece.. And from an official caddi (st)dealer...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.