2006 srx battery change - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 srx battery change in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just got the Maxx-78N from Walmart (Canada). Battery was $107.97 + $19 install. The only reason that I did ...
    ralvarad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX AWD

Re: 2006 srx battery change

I just got the Maxx-78N from Walmart (Canada). Battery was $107.97 + $19 install. The only reason that I did not do the install myself was based on the fact that I had no access to a battery saver (back up battery connected through lighter). This device prevented the complete loss of power and the subsequent looking for codes to unlock radio, Nav, etc... BTW the battery blanket also was installed so it is a prefect fit. I have a 2007 SRX V6 AWD. Hope that this information will save you the time looking for compatible batteries. Good luck to all!

Rod04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctzl View Post
    I have a 2006 srx too. My question is, how to tell it needs to change the battery? thanks in advance.
    You'll know. It discharges quickly. You'll need to use jumper cables without apparent reason. And your old battery probably is over 3 1/2 yrs old.

BTW There is a top of the line Walmart MAXX group 78. It fits tightly and has the same front post. And it is considerably more reasonable. I bought one several yrs ago an it gave good service of a little over 4 yrs. I replaced it w/ another Walmart battery. The battery is mfg by Johnson controls.

gcaracciolo24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX

My 2006 SRX has 124k miles and I am about to purchase my third battery. I don't think I have purchased three batteries for all the cars I have had in my lifetime. Seems like Cadillac should compensate us for the defects in this battery.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    If you want to spend the money the 34-78 red top optima has worked great for over 2 years in Texas with 105 degree temps.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

My 2009 that was purchased in Dec. of '08 still has the original battery. Sounds like the fickle finger of fate may have it in for you. You might want to try a group 78 made by another company and see if that can change your luck. It would at least save you some money. By the way the original batteries are from ACDelco, an independent company and carry their own warranty.

Bill

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    If you want to spend the money the 34-78 red top optima has worked great for over 2 years in Texas with 105 degree temps.
    I have a red top Optima in my '99 Vette. 10 years old and still strong.

Bill

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

Quote Originally Posted by ralvarad View Post
    I just got the Maxx-78N from Walmart (Canada). Battery was $107.97 + $19 install. The only reason that I did not do the install myself was based on the fact that I had no access to a battery saver (back up battery connected through lighter). This device prevented the complete loss of power and the subsequent looking for codes to unlock radio, Nav, etc... BTW the battery blanket also was installed so it is a prefect fit. I have a 2007 SRX V6 AWD. Hope that this information will save you the time looking for compatible batteries. Good luck to all!
    Interesting... I've had the battery out several times in my 07 and never had to reset or do anything special to unlock the radio. The radio's operation is integrated with the vehicle's VIN for security and an unlocking code wasn't needed. At least not in my case.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SFVetteman View Post
    I have a red top Optima in my '99 Vette. 10 years old and still strong.

Bill
    Yeah my last optima lasted 11 years in 3 different cars and through 2 deployments only jumped off once. Definitely worth the money.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by gcaracciolo24 View Post
    My 2006 SRX has 124k miles and I am about to purchase my third battery. I don't think I have purchased three batteries for all the cars I have had in my lifetime. Seems like Cadillac should compensate us for the defects in this battery.
    Hello gcaracciolo24,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are about to replace your battery for a third time. I would like to further discuss this issue with you. Please reach out to me via private message so we can interact. Gregory W. and myself monitor Cadillac forums and are here to assist with concerns and questions. We can be contacted via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ATM
    ATM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2004 SRX that I bought new in Oct '04 and it still has the original battery. I know I should start thinking about replacing it but now I want to see how long it will last.

Bobanna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 srx V-6, 2002 ESC convertible

Group 78 (highest cca you can find for the money) -- they fit easily, are cheaper, and provide a lot more power. The "insulation" wrap will fit (I left it off), but I'm not sure what it contributes. The group 101 is expensive, small and wimpy ( I didn't have problems with it until it got old). Everstart 78N at Wal-Mart was less than $100 and has a reasonable warranty. Good luck and God bless.

ATM
    ATM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Battery finally died today - 9 years and 1 month after I bought the car!

I went with the MAXX 74N from WalMart. It fit well but I had to cut off some of the plastic nub on the bot
    tom of the cowling above the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    I have a 2004 SRX that I bought new in Oct '04 and it still has the original battery. I know I should start thinking about replacing it but now I want to see how long it will last.

ray29 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2007 SRX & am already on my 3rd battery. This has been a nightmare problem from the first few months I owned the car. Now my dealer says it may be a starter issue, though when it's jumped it starts. If I take a mall trip & restart after a few minutes the battery has an issue. A cold start seems to be fine.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Need to go over ground connections and pos. connection at starter and starter bolts to engine. Remember back when heat killed starters on Chevy small blocks and a heat shield was needed. Is yours a 6 or 8?
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Bobanna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 srx V-6, 2002 ESC convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Oftelie View Post
    Go with the high buck battery- you'll have problems otherwise. SKIN
    Really? Group 78 from Wally-world for way over a year...absolutely no problems, and an extra 150 CCA at half the cost. If there are "problems", I don't see them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.