Recent Mods - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Recent Mods in Cadillac SRX Forums; OEM headrests with individual player in each, The OEM part says 2004-06, but fits just fine in 07...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Recent Mods

OEM headrests with individual player in each, The OEM part says 2004-06, but fits just fine in 07

azblksrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac SRX AWD
    Your caddy looks great! Love the euro spec tails on a black SRX and steering wheel mod. Keep it up.

2.50" cat back, removed resonator and replaced with x-pipe,no difference in sound. but it does sem just that bit more smooth on accelleration, maybe its just a placebo effect

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

orandaberg.....I like the headrest-mounted rear DVD screens. Mounted there (and recessed) they are eye level for adults and each rear passenger gets their own screen. Eye level which is what you want.

Another advantage is that the Cadillac OEM screen is located down low at the rear of the center console front arm rest, which is fine when folded closed but when open leaves itself exposed to get wacked or broken by a careless adult or mosy likely a child or grandchild. The latter is my concern (grandchildren). While the DVD is a total godsend on long road trips with the little ones, I have had some close calls and on several occasions have to make sure I reach back and pop the screen closed. Otherwise, the screen will get snapped off. Those with kids know exactly what I am talking about. No matter how sturdy the mounting and the screen is, children will find a way to break it if one is not watchful.

Are your screens driven by a single dash DVD with separate sound? One for the front passengers who want to listen to something other than the movie and one that directs the DVD sound to headphones in the rear?

My SIL bought 2 DVD players for his MB ML SUV. The screens that hang off the back of the front headrests, each having it's own DVD that loads into the unit. Each child can watch what they like. Disadvantages, the use of batteries to operate. Temptation for thieves. The younger one can't load, unload, and operate......yet. And what if both kids or adults want to watch the same movie?

Nice work!!!!

PJ

Need to figure a way to connect the middle screen to the kenwood

----------

Rear screens are IR so I do not have to hear it, I can play my music

EBC rotors with green stuff pads

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

So small lol

WP_000365.jpg

What size are those rotors?

14" front and 14.5" rear

I'm just messing with you, you know this right?

LOL I learn to take you with a grain of salt, by the way you are aware I ordered the goodridge SSB lines, some say it fits some have no clue, the brake hose number for the 07 match the 06, I posted a thread on this I was to be the guinea pig. I saw your thread that you made some SSB hoses, but why did you not use the Goodridge?

I have a set of them, I was able to confirm they "should" fit just fine but not 100% sure.

I may make new rears for a better fit, I got the set for next to nothing so no point in making them.

dredd2099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 srx

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    orandaberg.....I like the headrest-mounted rear DVD screens. Mounted there (and recessed) they are eye level for adults and each rear passenger gets their own screen. Eye level which is what you want.

Are your screens driven by a single dash DVD with separate sound? One for the front passengers who want to listen to something other than the movie and one that directs the DVD sound to headphones in the rear?

Nice work!!!!

PJ
    Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    OEM headrests with individual player in each, The OEM part says 2004-06, but fits just fine in 07

as for your last question
    if he connected it, each one can send to the other if both back passengers want to watch same thing
    thats what I did on mine plus the option to send from main deck as well

gj mr oradaberg, looking good

T REX Grille

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dredd2099 View Post

as for your last question
    if he connected it, each one can send to the other if both back passengers want to watch same thing
    thats what I did on mine plus the option to send from main deck as well

gj mr oradaberg, looking good
    Greatest invention since the advent of the wheel.

My grandchildren ages 3 and 9 will sit in the back on a long road trip for hours without so much as a peep out of them, except for us to pop in another DVD when the current one is finished. Two sets of headphones, and the remote control in the hands of the 9 year old......and tranquility reigns!!!! I just have to (1) make sure the batteries in the headphones and the remote are fresh and ready, and (2) keep the little ones fed, watered, and their tanks well drained.

We have made three 1,000+ mile (one way) road trips with them, and it turns a potential nightmare into a pleasure.

One drawback: my wife has to clean off all manner of child "residue" off the kid's DVDs before popping them into the player. No such issue with our own inventory of Disney classics which the kids are not permitted to touch!

PJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.