Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Recent Mods

25K views 100 replies 21 participants last post by  Q-Ball 
G
#1 · (Edited)

KENWOOD 9260BT

See less See more
#34 · (Edited)
orandaberg.....I like the headrest-mounted rear DVD screens. Mounted there (and recessed) they are eye level for adults and each rear passenger gets their own screen. Eye level which is what you want.

Another advantage is that the Cadillac OEM screen is located down low at the rear of the center console front arm rest, which is fine when folded closed but when open leaves itself exposed to get wacked or broken by a careless adult or mosy likely a child or grandchild. The latter is my concern (grandchildren). While the DVD is a total godsend on long road trips with the little ones, I have had some close calls and on several occasions have to make sure I reach back and pop the screen closed. Otherwise, the screen will get snapped off. Those with kids know exactly what I am talking about. No matter how sturdy the mounting and the screen is, children will find a way to break it if one is not watchful.

Are your screens driven by a single dash DVD with separate sound? One for the front passengers who want to listen to something other than the movie and one that directs the DVD sound to headphones in the rear?

My SIL bought 2 DVD players for his MB ML SUV. The screens that hang off the back of the front headrests, each having it's own DVD that loads into the unit. Each child can watch what they like. Disadvantages, the use of batteries to operate. Temptation for thieves. The younger one can't load, unload, and operate......yet. And what if both kids or adults want to watch the same movie?

Nice work!!!!

PJ

#42 ·
orandaberg.....I like the headrest-mounted rear DVD screens. Mounted there (and recessed) they are eye level for adults and each rear passenger gets their own screen. Eye level which is what you want.

Are your screens driven by a single dash DVD with separate sound? One for the front passengers who want to listen to something other than the movie and one that directs the DVD sound to headphones in the rear?

Nice work!!!!

PJ
OEM headrests with individual player in each, The OEM part says 2004-06, but fits just fine in 07
:D

as for your last question
if he connected it, each one can send to the other if both back passengers want to watch same thing
thats what I did on mine plus the option to send from main deck as well

gj mr oradaberg, looking good

G
#40 ·
LOL I learn to take you with a grain of salt, by the way you are aware I ordered the goodridge SSB lines, some say it fits some have no clue, the brake hose number for the 07 match the 06, I posted a thread on this I was to be the guinea pig. I saw your thread that you made some SSB hoses, but why did you not use the Goodridge?

#51 ·
Hello and thanks for sharing your projects!
I have a SRX -08 with Nav and screen, no backseat entertainment system. I need to install a remote camera in my trailer (horses) and have it viewed on the navscreen, basically the same as you (orandaberg) are planning. Have you suceeded and if so how did you do it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.