Free and Fast Oil Consumption Mod/ Fix in Ten Easy Steps - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Free and Fast Oil Consumption Mod/ Fix in Ten Easy Steps in Cadillac SRX Forums; Doing it this weekend along with my icelator spacer and new ngk plugs....
    tgar32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac cts lux. sport
    Doing it this weekend along with my icelator spacer and new ngk plugs.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tgar32 View Post
    Doing it this weekend along with my icelator spacer and new ngk plugs.
    How much was the iceolator

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Free and Fast Oil Consumption Mod/ Fix in Ten Easy Steps

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseyvegas View Post
    Definitely the first mod to do is the drill out of the PCV barb. This is the direct mod which will allow better breathing through your engine's pcv setup. The second mod should be the catch can as it will catch any sludge causing oil, contaminants, undesireables etc, which exist in that engine breathing mist. Both mods support each other, but the first one to do is the no cost one - drill out the pcv barb/fitting.
    If you buy a cheap 10 dollar catch can, one that only has a in/out hole you may want to do both, but if you buy the high price catch cans with filters and check valves built in you do not need to. But it does not hurt to do both if you really want to. There is more to high end catch cans then a in/out hole.

Where can I get he good catch can since I have to hold on to this truck for another year since I just bought my first house lol can't do any other major purchase on another vehicle until after I close.

Sucks they're sold out

not just back ordered?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think they're made-to-order at this point

backorder and sold-out are two different things

i believe their site says "not in stock" which means that they have none on hand to sell currently

every single one they make is already sold

so if you want one order one and wait your turn for them to make you one

if you want one now there are two or three other comparable products that are a bit more expensive
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

OK cool yeah said sold out I'll probably place my order in the next couple weeks thanks rippy.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

How often do you guys change your PCV valves? Some recommend doing it every oil change, but I haven't done mine yet. I am wondering if that would prevent you from making the mod that is being suggested too. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post
    How often do you guys change your PCV valves? Some recommend doing it every oil change, but I haven't done mine yet. I am wondering if that would prevent you from making the mod that is being suggested too. Any thoughts?
    These don't have a pcv valve just an orifice in the passenger valve cover. You do not change these. But on older cars every oil change is too frequent. Usually at every tuneup.

desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4
    In Canada is recommended to replace pcv every 20000kms or by the manufacturer recommendations.
    GM LY7 v6 engines do not have pcv, just check that the vent tubes are clear of oil & any build up.
    I must be lucky my 07 srx4 v6 with 153000kms doesn't consumes or leaks any oil just your average consumption when additives are burnt out may be 2 tents of a quart every oil change.
    Only use since new Mobil one 5w30.
    Also follow schedule maintenance for severe driving conditions religiously

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.