thinking about an '08 or '09 SRX - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, thinking about an '08 or '09 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I bought a 2008 SRX V6 AWD tonight!...thanks for all the help and encouragement. Bill...
    silversport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): *2008 SRX4 V6**Gone-2000 Escalade**

Re: thinking about an '08 or '09 SRX

I bought a 2008 SRX V6 AWD tonight!...thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Bill

I see 14 months after I started looking, I got one...the center console may be a false worry...funny thing is the sales guy who moved the seat moved it to the perfect spot...I went to hit Memory thinking it was like my other GM car and didn't hold it...I guess the previous owner was about 5 feet tall and that can cause issues for this 6 for 6 inchish driver......I'll get it worked out...

Bill

----------

2000 Escalade moved on to my buddy just now...I'll miss it but hopefully this nice SRX will ease the separation...

Bill

optional is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX4 and 08 CTS4
    Congratulations. I bought mine a few months ago and love it. Post some pics

belinda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

We went with the 2009 V8 and it does have the sport package. We have had it 6 months now and am really happy with it. For us it also included the bumper to bumper warranty until it reaches 60,000 miles which is a huge plus. It had 47,000 miles on it. We chose this model because of the towing capacity. It pulls our boat just fine and the AWD pulls it out of the water great too. We are happy with our choice. In our search we found the V8 engine harder to find. The 3rd row seat was a non issue for us too. Happy shopping!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by silversport View Post
    I bought a 2008 SRX V6 AWD tonight!...thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Bill
    Hey Bill,

Congratulations! That is exciting. Enjoy driving your SRX V6! Post some pictures when you get a chance; I would love to see the beauty.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by optional View Post
    Congratulations. I bought mine a few months ago and love it. Post some pics
    Hello optional,

I am happy you are loving your SRX! Continue to enjoy driving your Caddy around

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

2008 Blue Chip SRX V6 after a hand wash and first coat of Zaino AIO...

Bill

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Hey Bill, Congrats on your purchase, we talked on other threads here before, but didn't know that you just got your new baby recently
    I live in Chicagoland as well, woodridge to be exact, I also have the V6 AWD. they are perfect for Chicago weather.

Post some interior shots.

hey mjcaddy...good to know...and thanks!

Bill

better shot after clay bar and more Zaino (yes, I know I did it out of order... )

Bill

Davinator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 srx awd v6

Just picking up an '08 w/63000 miles tonight. Started looking last fall but gave up due to lack of inventory in my area. Still slim pickings as this one has 20k more miles than ideal. Feel like i got a really good deal though so going for it. Hopefully all the gremlins have been found and fixed!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Davinator View Post
    Just picking up an '08 w/63000 miles tonight. Started looking last fall but gave up due to lack of inventory in my area. Still slim pickings as this one has 20k more miles than ideal. Feel like i got a really good deal though so going for it. Hopefully all the gremlins have been found and fixed!
    Hello Davinator,

Welcome to the forum! This must be an exciting time for you. I am glad you are satisfied with your choice. Post some pictures once you have your Cadillac in your hands!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Davinator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 srx awd v6

Thanks. Hope to be able to do that tomorrow. A little disappointed with the delivery as it wasnt as clean as it should have been. Also, i had told my salesperson about a front end shimmy. She told me i was hearing the tires. I told her it was what i was feeling, not hearing. Anyway, on the ride home i noticed it is definately from the breaks. Feels like warped rotors. Isnt that something they should have taken care of? Feeling like i got taken...

SFVetteman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

I'm sorry if this may sound cynical but the reality is that before you signed the papers for the deal, you had the leverage to make them put the vehicle in the condition that was acceptable to you. When you signed the papers then it's only what was written on the papers that matters and even then if what was written isn't explicit enough, it might not mean much. That means don't sign until any issues that are a concern to you are taken care of or at the very least written into the contract in a very explicit way to avoid misinterpretation. This may sound like it's being too much of a hard ass but when it comes to contracts, it's business not personal as the Godfather would say.

That's not to say that they never follow through on a verbal commitment, only that you can't count on it.

Bill

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.