Custom exhaust sound video - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Custom exhaust sound video in Cadillac SRX Forums; I've been looking at using Borla Touring mufflers. But those VT's do sound awfully good....
    Mr. Mohr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8 AWD Luxury Performance Package (Moonstone)
    I've been looking at using Borla Touring mufflers. But those VT's do sound awfully good.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: Custom exhaust sound video

The exhaust system is two different sizes as well, the front up the resonator is 2" then 2 1/4 after I think, don't remember but it is all 2 1/2 now.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I wrote a post about this once and we talked about it, but then I think you said it was 2.25 and after the resonator was 2.5. so I ordered a 2.5" cross pipe(see recent mods thread) and changed the front to 2,5" from cats, removed the resonator and put in a 2.5" cross pipe, the pipes too the OEM mufflers were 2,5"?
    Having said that when I go to pick up the car Tuesday I will have the car lifted and use a calliper to measure the front and rear pipes, it would not surprise me the muffler shop used 2.25 in front instead of 2.5" like I ask tohave, meaning I could have been ripped off

Ya 2 1/4 and 2 1/2 might have been it, don't remember.

Had 3" in mind at first but it would be too big so 2 1/2" al the way ended up being the choice, in a dual 2 1/2 is plenty.

Hello
    Just got the 2 VTīs today with magnaflow 4" tips, was not to impressed with the tips, just single wall, the shop says it not possible to weld the tips on? on the advertisement it says weld on. The say it will burn the chrome off and turn it all blue?
    Any advice? on hooking this up, some experience from those who added aftermarket. I would really like to have the tips welded, How are welded tips sold on cars done, for example my OEM, is it welded first and the chromed, i doubt it?

Your jacking my thread now, were even.

Are they chrome or stainless?

I reused the OEM tips and welded them back on.

No way they will burn up and the chrome fail, they need a 1" stich top and bottom and way back at the end of the tip, it will be under the bumper anyway.

VT are SS no chrome the tips are SS polished so I guess that answers the question, SS polished can be welded to SS, but does that not require a special welding machine or rods to weld SS
    What is a 1" stitch top and bottom

SS can be welded to carbon steel and carbon steel can be welded to SS, does not matter or need special equipment.

A 1" long weld just to stick it on.

Hi
    We spot checked for fitment, it will work, just needs welding all the custom fittings/sections. OK now the big question, this series does not come right left side inlet. Sooooo, can I just flip the right side(facing rear) muffler? It has the flappers(spring return). Left side no problem with inlet on right(facing rear)

Bump b4 I install Tuesday

Bump a jacked thread eh?

Flip it over.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.