Eibach 3810.540 springs installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Eibach 3810.540 springs installed in Cadillac SRX Forums; I was lucky enough to find a set of springs for sale on ebay. The install is a bit of ...
    06onyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Eibach 3810.540 springs installed

I was lucky enough to find a set of springs for sale on ebay.

The install is a bit of work and probably not suggested for those not mechanically inclined, but fortunately I'm in the auto business and have access to a lift, tools, and a spring compressor.

I didn't take pics of all the steps, but I'll give you a quick synopsis. The rear lower shock bolts and the four bolts securing the rear subframe must be removed and the rear subframe lowered enough to remove the springs. Easy peasy. The front is a bit more challenging. The lower stut yoke must be seperated from the bottom of the strut, the upper ball joint nut removed, then the 5 upper strut mount bolts need to be removed from under the hood. Then the strut pretty much falls out of the car, literally if you aren't careful. Then, the spring must be compressed to safely remove the upper strut/upper control arm mount, transfer the strut to the new springs and reinstall everything in the reverse order.

With a lift, air tools, and spring compressor handy it took me right at 2 hours plus another hour to do the alignment.

The ride is a bit firmer, not harsh, more BMW less Cadillac. I always thought the front seemed to dive more than it should when going through dips in the road or over the road crown of a cross intersection at 35-45mph, but that has been significantly reduced. As has body roll when turning or driving around a cloverleaf on and off the interstate. Overall I am very happy. I would like a little more lowering and may consider cutting the springs down a bit in the future. But, it now looks the way it should've come from the factory.

On to the pics, there is a few before and after and a couple shots of the OEM/Eibach springs.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Eibach 3810.540 springs installed

Looks good. I am jealous. Have you noticed a significant mileage improvement? The only downside is it makes the rear wheels look pushed forward in the wells. Where to you live so you can do mine?

In an ideal world, though, I would prefer air springs so I can adjust the ride height, but I don't have the money for that.

upstatesport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 srx sport, AWD V8

That looks good! I'd love to do mine if I can find the springs.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Your vehicle looks great - must be pretty rare, Sport Package in blue. Never seen it before!

upstatesport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 srx sport, AWD V8

That would look really sick with wider tires. I just put 275/45/20s on my sport package wheels and it looks awesome.

NipRing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N* Sport

Quote Originally Posted by upstatesport View Post
    That would look really sick with wider tires. I just put 275/45/20s on my sport package wheels and it looks awesome.
    I dont suppose you could put up a few pictures of your wheel tire combination, could you? I was leaning toward that size for my stock 20" wheels but i was afraid the tire would overhand the rim too much.
    thanks

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Tire fit really depends on brand as well, but the size will fit no problem, I too would like to see pics.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

hehe...

Off Topic - - yet related... I'm older... 57 today... Reading this made me think about what we did to our cars when I was in my early 20's (1976 to 1980). We used to buy these rubber blocks and a special tool that you used to squirrel them into your springs. It would tighten things up nicely and you could "tune" your suspension by adding or removing the rubber blocks!

I wonder if they still have those today.

We also love a product called Gabriel Hijackers. Basically they were shocks with airbags built in. You could raise the back of your car a good 4" or 5" on demand.

Anyway - - I return you to your regularly scheduled conversation.

weccjc67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX AWD V8

Hi Professor Wizard I remember those blocks and hijackers very well. Wow that brings back memories.

06onyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    I can't give any real info pertaining to a mileage increase yet. It's mostly used for in town driving, but I'll keep you posted after my next highway trip. On that topic, the Volant intake did help out 1.5mpg on the highway. Planning a time when it can lie in the garage for a few days for a Westers tune.

I live in the Kansas City metro and would be willing to help out anyone in the area with most repairs.

The color is "blue diamond tricoat", I believe it was only available on '09 model year SRX's. I have tried to do some research into build numbers, but it's difficult these days. I think it is a one of one or maybe two built with full options.

I remember the air shock and spring rubber days. I was much happier when lowering became the more popular option.

SilverDHS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX 2WD, 01 Deville DHS

I love the color and the lowered stance looks nice. I wish I could find some springs it would make it even easier for me to get in. We need more pics

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.