2006 Cadillac SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 Cadillac SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; TIMING CHAIN PROBLEM, I bought this car from a Honda dealership a couple weeks ago it's still under there 1month ...
    BillDubz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX
    TIMING CHAIN PROBLEM, I bought this car from a Honda dealership a couple weeks ago it's still under there 1month 1000mile warranty when I got home I noticed it wasn't purring like a caddi should when I looked under the hood it was making a loud rattling noise near the front of the engine. I thought it was a lose pulley but I took it to the Cadillac dealer and he said the timing chain was not right and advised me of replacing it. I took it then to the Honda shop and the mechanic there said a bad timing chain noise would come from the back of the engine I'm taking it down again today to have there used car mechanic look at it anyone have this problem any advise would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: 2006 Cadillac SRX

Check your oil first then search for timing chain, then change your title so we have an idea what your looking for.

Timing chain is a common problem for the V6 but you did not include your engine size.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Bill, your Honda guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Dump him! Listen to the Caddy guy. Might better return the car. Anyhow, to the forum. Hope you find a better SRX.

Dropped my car off today a 5 and there going to look at it first thing in the morning I believe it's the v6 3.6L I also left them the invoice from the Cadillac dealership I told them if they don't fix it I'll be looking else where! I really like the car though besides that it drives like a champ! I'm a sucker for a Caddy! I'll up date tomorrow.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

well played. hope it works out well and welcome to the forums!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

BillDubz,

Yes, please do keep us in the loop and let us know how the dealer trip goes! If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please don't hesitate to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Bill.........the Honda dealership had better stand behind their used car warranty, no matter how short it is (1 month/1,000 miles limited). I would be inclined to lean on them to have the timing chains replaced if I were otherwise pumped up about the vehicle and the price. Cadillac says it's the chains. What does Honda say other than their previous misinformed comment?

Look. Honda would not have put the SRX back out on their lot unless they were working with a high enough profit margin on a vehicle they were pretty sure they could move quickly. They thought also they could get beyond the limited warranty before something went South. That didn't happen. Their problem.

If Honda won't stand behind their warranty, I think Glake's advice is sound........let them have the car back, take your $, and move on to the next SRX that strikes your fancy.

I'm betting they fix it.

PJ

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Now we know why we should not have Honda Mechanics work on our SRX's

Do let us know if Honda tries to back out of fixing your SRX :: or if they try to pull some act to temporary get it to slide past the 30 days.

You will love your SRX, once you get the buggs out.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I would almost want to jam out on this one unless they will give you an extented coverage and tell you what they fixed.

Thanks for the posts guys I do have a extended warranty on this vehicle and it's a 100 dollar deducible I took it to the cadillac mechanic and they ordered the parts they should be in by this coming up week. I'm then going to send the bill and invoice to Honda for reimbursement! If they don't pay the 100 dollars well I might be out 100$ but they won't be hearing the end of me for awhile! I do love the car and I know once this problem gets fixed it'll purr!!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Bill.......not sure what warranty you have, but the dealer's used car warranty where you bought the car would be primary, not the extended one. Not sure the Honda dealer limited warranty would allow you to pick the repair facility without restriction to where and for how much.

PJ

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

I would opt to use the extended warranty at a bona fide Cadillac dealership. It may cost up to $100, but you will know it gets fixed properly. Why would you bother with Honda techs who know (let's face it) almost nothing about the Northstar?

Bobanna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 srx V-6, 2002 ESC convertible

I would be concerned about the coverage on this extended warranty (a service contract) because they could easily deem the problem as "pre-existing," and thus exclude coverage. Send a certified letter to the dealer who sold it to you as proof-of-claim within the 30-day period. Better yet, invoke your right of refusal and get your money back. There are many very nice SRXes out there, why go through the grief of making a bad deal (seem) to go your way? Come down on this selling dealer with both feet and break-away clean. God bless.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

So... Billdubz.... What was the end result?

UPDATE!!
    Just got my 06 SRX back from Dick Shirley Cadillac, they did a great job my extended warranty picked up everything down to the oil change I payed 2300 for this warranty and it already paid for its self and I still have it for 3 more years!! Dick Shirley replaced both secondary timing chains and primary chain, replaced primary tensioner due to shoe wear reassembled using required gaskets and fluids changed oil mobile 1 and test run! 300$ worth of parts 1600 worth of labor WOW my deducible 100$ I can say I'm not happy with Crown Honda of Greensboro and I will be getting in contact with them but my car drives soooo nice I don't feel it shift one bit and the gas peddle feels tight like I have loads of power! It's been quite the last two weeks but feels like I'm driving a brand new SRX and I love it thanks again folks for the comments and concerns! Love this site great people on here!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.